Question 2080Ti Fans max out at 66 degrees.

Mar 18, 2022
Hi.
My Asus RTX 2080Ti Dual OC Fans turn to the max as soon as the GPU hits 66 degrees. I have tried to make a smooth fan curve in MSI Afterburner, but it seems to get overwritten as soon as the GPU hits around 66 degrees, and the fans just go full throttle. Afterburner hardware monitor reads the percentage I set the fan curve to deliver, but the fans actually spin at around 3200RPM.

Does anybody know a solution to make my GPU not overwrite the Afterburner fan curve?

Thanks in advance.

You could try evga precision x1 to set a fan curve. Not sure if Asus has any apps for their cards.

with evga precision x1 on factory fan cure mine is showing @66* fans should be at 66%. Its not until 90*c does it go to 100% fan speed.

But i have my gpu, cpu, and case fans set to 100% all the time. so there's that :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2022
You could try evga precision x1 to set a fan curve. Not sure if Asus has any apps for their cards.

with evga precision x1 on factory fan cure mine is showing @66* fans should be at 66%. Its not until 90*c does it go to 100% fan speed.

But i have my gpu, cpu, and case fans set to 100% all the time. so there's that :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it's the same result as with Afterburner.

Mar 18, 2022
what are your system specs? Maybe there is a app that might be doing something strange. Is it something that just started happening?

Have you updated to the latest driver from nvidia?

Ryzen 9 3900X
ASUS RTX 2080ti DUAL OC
MSI mpg b550i gaming edge wifi
32GB G.SKILL RAM

I Have tried to uninstall all GPU config APPs.

It started a month ago.