Question 2080ti hardware damaged? Or software

Dec 6, 2019
Hey guys, I've been very unlucky the past few days. So my custom water cooling loop had a leak. And some of the coolant dripped down onto my gpu. I can connect and it works although when installing drivers I get greenish artifacts on my screen. Ans the resolution is stuck at 800x600. I've had to replaced the motherboard so I now have an MSI MPG X570 gaming plus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I currently have my GPU powered by a daisy chainned pcie 2+6 into one. Ive heard that running to dedicated pcie cables has worked for a lot of people. I currently dont have any spare pcie cables left, but I'll try get a spare in the next few days. Someone help me out please. Need to know if its a hardware or software issue. GPU -Z says that my card has 0MB memory size. I'll try upload a picture of the info. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Motherboard - MSI MPG X570
CPU - RYZEN 7 3700X
GPU - 2080 Ti
RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE 4x4GB 3600MHZ
PSU - CORSAIR HX1000

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
With the RTX2080Ti populating a system, you should need 600W of power for the entire system. I'd try and source a different, reliably build PSU, from a friend or neighbor to see if the power delivery is at fault. Or at the very least, reattach the stock cooler and then take the card to a donor system with the right amount of power from a reliable PSU to see if it artifacts there as well.

Reactions: Ainzz