Question 2080ti issue/artifact?

yongsoo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I bought the 2080ti shortly after launch. I haven't really had time to play games on it until the past few weeks. I had heard that the 2080ti had problems but thought mine was alright. I guess I should have thought again. After a gaming session, I got blackscreened. Then blackscreend at boot. After waiting a bit, then I got the attached during boot.

hJbGGDf.jpg

I updated the GPU driver to the most recent and it didn't fix the problem. Is this a GPU issue? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem or is it an overpriced bookweight at this point?

There were/are a batch of RTX cards out there with failing memory issues at factory clock speeds....and 2080Ti examples were most common/frequent with the issue. (I think Gamer's Nexus did a video on Youtube about this a few months back)

RMA it...!

yongsoo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
There were/are a batch of RTX cards out there with failing memory issues at factory clock speeds....and 2080Ti examples were most common/frequent with the issue. (I think Gamer's Nexus did a video on Youtube about this a few months back)

RMA it...!
Yeah, I told the tech support that Nvidia has acknowledged this problem and that let's just quit this dance/charade of going through all the stupid checks and just let me RMA it already =/