[SOLVED] 2080ti Minor Artifacting and App crashing

slimjim2417

Honorable
Jul 31, 2014
Hello, I just purchased a refurbished 2080ti and I'm having some issues. I get some minor artifacting, definitely not as bad as some screen shots that I've seen. In addition every single game/benchmark software keeps crashing instantly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and I don't know what else to do, I can't RMA I believe as i purchased it used off Newegg and I'd really rather not wait a week for that, does anyone know a fix?

Solution
Make sure you have the serial number of your current card. See which you get back.
RMA it again.
Turn off ALL overclocks
When you get a card back, run it in debug (NVida reference settings ) mode
If you are sending in a refurb, you are most likely going to get a refurb back. They had to be refurbed for a reason.

As drivinfast247 indicated, make sure your PSU is adequate to the task.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's likely a problem with the GPU that you are unable to repair as artifacting without driver issues is most likely a problem with the VRAM. You have to contact the manufacturer that refurbished the GPU and very quickly, because once 90 days runs out, you're out of luck.

slimjim2417

Honorable
Jul 31, 2014
It's likely a problem with the GPU that you are unable to repair as artifacting without driver issues is most likely a problem with the VRAM. You have to contact the manufacturer that refurbished the GPU and very quickly, because once 90 days runs out, you're out of luck.

So I RMA'd the card and got my new one today. It worked like a dream for all of 30 minutes. My pc then crashed with a black screen with hundreds of purple artifacts. Now my Pc boots as if there is no display driver installed, and my main monitor wont display, instead it goes directly to my second monitor. GeForce experience says that no driver is installed and to update drivers but upon completing the install nothing changes and the driver is still listed to be installed.

I know it's not the rest of my system, running off my old 1070 while I was waiting on the RMA worked flawlessly. I was hoping everything was good since it seemed to be working but my luck ran out. Somebody please help I don't want to have wasted $1100

Knowing spec might help:
i7--7700k h100i cooler
16gb ddr4
Asrock Z270 extreme 4
Corsair 850 modular psu

Make sure you have the serial number of your current card. See which you get back.
RMA it again.
Turn off ALL overclocks
When you get a card back, run it in debug (NVida reference settings ) mode
If you are sending in a refurb, you are most likely going to get a refurb back. They had to be refurbed for a reason.

As drivinfast247 indicated, make sure your PSU is adequate to the task.

Solution