[SOLVED] 2080ti NVLink

May 30, 2019
Long ago someone told me that since at 1080p its all about your CPU, needless to say I lost the silicon lottery with a 9900k that ocs at 5ghz with 1.375v. Now if I were to play in 1440p with a 2080ti nvlink will I get some super high frames 200+?

Last edited:
Solution
Long ago someone told me that since at 1080p its all about your CPU, needless to say I lost the silicon lottery with a 9900k that ocs at 5ghz with 1.375v. Now if I were to play in 1440p with a 2080ti nvlink will I get some super high frames 200+?
No, you won’t get more FPS.

Think of it like this. The cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve, the gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at. If you are cpu limited at 1080p and achieving the maximum FPS your cpu can deliver there is nothing changing the resolution is going to do which will increase FPS.
I too thought my 9900k needed a lot of voltage for 5.0 but fixed it with some settings. Try these and see what you get. I was able to drop to 1.28 at 5.0Ghz. Your frames depend on the game first and there are some games that have a limit that won’t go above a certain level. A 2080ti should be good for 1440p at 144hz. My 1080ti does just fine.
  • CPU VCore Loadline Calibration - High
  • VAXG Loadline Calibration - High
  • PWM Phase Control - Perf
  • VAXG Phase Control - High Perf
  • All C-States - Disabled
  • EIST (Intel SpeedStep Technology) - Disabled
  • Race to Halt - Disabled
  • Voltage Optimization - Disabled
  • Intel Speed Shift - Disabled
  • Enhanced Multi-Core Performance - Disabled

No, you won’t get more FPS.

Think of it like this. The cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve, the gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at. If you are cpu limited at 1080p and achieving the maximum FPS your cpu can deliver there is nothing changing the resolution is going to do which will increase FPS.

Solution
May 30, 2019
I too thought my 9900k needed a lot of voltage for 5.0 but fixed it with some settings. Try these and see what you get. I was able to drop to 1.28 at 5.0Ghz. Your frames depend on the game first and there are some games that have a limit that won’t go above a certain level. A 2080ti should be good for 1440p at 144hz. My 1080ti does just fine.
  • CPU VCore Loadline Calibration - High
  • VAXG Loadline Calibration - High
  • PWM Phase Control - Perf
  • VAXG Phase Control - High Perf
  • All C-States - Disabled
  • EIST (Intel SpeedStep Technology) - Disabled
  • Race to Halt - Disabled
  • Voltage Optimization - Disabled
  • Intel Speed Shift - Disabled
  • Enhanced Multi-Core Performance - Disabled

thank you very much for your reply, after running that config I could not boot my computer without it crashing until i put it back to 1.38v. no performance increase but instead more stutter and lag. :(