Question 2080ti usage spikes in games

Apr 24, 2019
Good Morning,

I recently bought the evga 2080ti ftw3. Soon after, i bought the Asus rog swift pg27uq. Ive been testing out 2 different games with max settings in 4k. Games are killing floor 2, and gears of war 4 ( horde mode ). When i am playing online with people in killing floor 2, my gpu randomly goes from 99%, spiking to below 10% , sometimes mid 50's, but mostly it drops down to below 10% obviously making the game unplayable cause of the freezing and skipping. Gears of war 4 does something similar, but not nearly as much. Vsync is off, and monitor is running at 120hz. I have a 6700k oced to about 4.1ghz. My psu is an EVGA 750+Gold. Ram is 16GB, and the game is running on a decent SSD. The cpu usage seems to hover around 40 to 50% while playing both games. Can somebody help me isolate what the problem is? is it my psu not delivering enough power? i was worried that maybe its not enough as i have about 4 drives, 3 ssd and 2hdd's. Thank you for reading

Apr 23, 2019
My guess would be that your psu is not putting out enough power but I’m not sure. I would only have two other guesses, could your cpu be bottlenecking the gpu or could you have a damaged gpu?

Apr 24, 2019
My guess would be that your psu is not putting out enough power but I’m not sure. I would only have two other guesses, could your cpu be bottlenecking the gpu or could you have a damaged gpu?

I wish i had another psu to test. However, in offline mode kf2 handles everything perfectly, non of that gpu drop occurs