20GB harddrive with P200

SnowWar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Hey peeps,

I've got an P200 with and Fujitsu 20GB harddrive. Since the motherboard can only supp 8GB drives and I can't upgrade my motherboard. Thus I wanna know if there is a proggy wich I can use to get 20GB in 1 partition

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by SnowWar on 06/25/01 10:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
if the BIOS sees the drive as an 8 gig, then as far as any software is concerned, the drive IS an 8 gig, thats all there is to it. Is there not a bios flash for the board ?

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

SnowWar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I don't wanna partition the drive, I want the full 20GB for 1 partition. While back when I had an PII 233 with 10GB drive it could also just use up to 8GB drives. I was using a 10GB Western Digital drive (I love WD) at that the time and I DLed a proggy called EZ-Drive9 from their site wich just ran somethin when I booted up and I cound use the full 10Gb in 1 partition. BUT that proggy only works for WD drives.

Give me a proggy wich can do that with Fujitsu drives. I dunno what this 1 oke was trying to tell me bout a BIOS progy!? Don't tell me you were on about flashing the bios, and that there are actually a program called that wich I can use 2 solve my problem. In wich case I would appreciate an addy since doing a BIOS search can bring some huge problems in the way if results...

thx

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Man, this is kind of obvious. Go to the Fujitsu site and see what downloads they have. Just type fujitsu.com in the address box and click on 'go'.

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Good lord nothng like people posting answer that don't know Sh**. Yes, you have two options, one as previously mentioned, is to get an add on pci card with ata66/100 support.This will also enable you to take full advantage of the speed of the new drive. Another is to install a DDO ( dynamic drive overlay) which fools your bios and lets you use all 20 gigs. Check out the drives site and they should offer such a utility.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
and almost forgot, the "dynamic drive overlay" will work only in windows (as far as I know), so the drive has to be partitioned already, which cannot be done in DOS (fdisk) when BIOS does not see the "whole picture".

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
See, I knew I was wrong, heh, but anyway, DDO starts working before even DOS for that matter, but it is created for Windows anyway, and it is created for drives that exceed 528 MB and very old BIOSs (never used it though, everyone is recommending to use newer BIOS, or ad-on card with its BIOS).
Have fun.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: