21 PC Games We'd Like To Receive This Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
In complete honesty, this list is horrible. Most are pre-orders and a lot are so old I can't begin to understand how it made it there. Many games are just horrible. My list would be:

- Assassin's Creed 2
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Bioshock 2
- Call of Duty Black Ops
- Civilizations V
- Fallout New Vegas
- Mass Effect 2
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
- Starcraft 2
- Super Meat Boy

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Fallout 3 & New Vegas (with HD texture packs and realism mods)
Oblivion (+expansions, HD texture packs + realism mods)
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Bioshock 1 & 2
Civ 3 or Civ 5

Ones that were good but got old quick:
Assassin's Creed 2
Starcraft 2 (WC3 in space)
Borderlands

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
All the shitty console ports with built in v-sync, fps caps, and mouse smoothing need to go. What could have been a great game is now totally fucked up due to these handicaps which make the mouse aiming feel slow and clunky.

So far Valve is the only developer I've seen that is smart enough to not include these garbage features in their games.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
You know why this list sucks and Diablo 3 isn't on it? The theme was "pre-order at Gamestop". Gamestop doesn't care about it's PC enthusiasts because they can't compete with STEAM or simply buying the game from the makers like Blizzard. This is a Gamestop advertisement. I could pre-order something from Best Buy, but not according to this list.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Some thing about it but the PC Games don't excite me anymore like the ones from 1994 to around say 2005.Perhaps its the excessive DRM or perhaps the newer titles seem boring (better graphics though).Perhaps also it's because many newer titles are console ports whereas many of the older games were not.
However I would give the Duke Nukem Forever a try (buy) when it comes out.
It seems to be the most exciting game on the list.

godnodog

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
wow, I did not know Borderland won a "game of the year" award, congratulations to them but this was 1 game I really did not like

notty22

Distinguished
Would have been nice to see a couple games you can actually buy on the list instead of perennial no-shows like Duke Nukem. I agree with F1 2010 and also NFS Hot Pursuit. Its more or less a console port, but FUN.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
My holiday gaming wish? No more porely done console ports. Seeing as that won't happen, these would satisfy me instead.

Fallout 3 +DLC and Fallout New Vegas (of course, a plethora of mods)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion +DLC (modded)
Mass Effect 1 & 2 +DLC
Starcraft 1 & 2
Warcraft 3 (even today, it's a fun game)
Borderlands +DLC
Two Worlds II
Diablo III
Crysis 2
Fable 3
Half Life 3 (or Half Life Episode 3)
Black Mesa Source (HL1 with HL2 graphics)

That's my personal wishlist.
To be honest, I'd be happy with Fable 3 on PC alone. I've waited for the PC release, which is hard, because my brother already caved and bought the console version.
Few games actually catch my interest anymore since I stopped playing MMO's a few years back, so I'm hoping for an exciting 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.