[SOLVED] 2200g 1.4v 3850mhz is safe ?

Jun 4, 2020
Motherboard = Asus Tuf Gaming B450-Plus
RAM = 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz cl16
Cooler = Xigmatek Whizz 4 Heat Pipe
PSU = Xigmatek X-Power 650W 80 plus

So, im using asus optimal because I had problems with CPU-challenging games, so asus optimal set up 1.4 v 3850 mhz is this safe ? Idle temps = 30-40 on game temps = 40-50 prime95 = 50-60

note = sometimes the computer crashes in prime95 and processor weighted games but temps is good i dont know where is problem but very rarely happens

Solution
Hi there,

Well, I don't think you are using the right test for Prime95. You should be running small fft's. This will give you the max temp at a given voltage. Normally stressing the CPU you would be touching 80c even higher with 1.4v. That tells me you are doing a different prime test. That's why it crashes at load. Your OC is likely unstable.

AMD say runnig at 1.4 is fine for long term OC, However, IMO your vcore should be less that your VID.

So as an example, my 1600x is 1.375 VID. I have my vcore at 1.3v. It's stable at 3.9 on Prime95 small fft's for 8 hours (that's my own testing regimen).
Hi there,

Well, I don't think you are using the right test for Prime95. You should be running small fft's. This will give you the max temp at a given voltage. Normally stressing the CPU you would be touching 80c even higher with 1.4v. That tells me you are doing a different prime test. That's why it crashes at load. Your OC is likely unstable.

AMD say runnig at 1.4 is fine for long term OC, However, IMO your vcore should be less that your VID.

So as an example, my 1600x is 1.375 VID. I have my vcore at 1.3v. It's stable at 3.9 on Prime95 small fft's for 8 hours (that's my own testing regimen).

Reactions: whitefountain
Solution
Jun 4, 2020
I did overclock because I don't have the money to buy a new processor,I use the asus optimal option because I don't understand overclock much.

If the processor voltage is not a problem for me, this is a good sign. I don't want my motherboard and processor to fail.

Temps seem okay, roughly where they should be. You should run Prime for at least an hour. For the first hour, there is a bit of voltage 'creep'. It slowly ticks up, but after an hour you should have your max temp.

Here's a guide to OC your CPU: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/

The auto Asus feature is not the best way. If you read this guide, you will be able to manually OC your system, and get better results.