Aug 3, 2020
hello, so i live in us and accidentally set my psu to 220v instead of 120v. after turning on my pc, the pcie cable or/and the psu started making some smoke so i turned everything off. i got a new psu and my pc works well but i downloaded amd gpu drivers to check if my gpu was working and it said nothing was recognized. my motherboard and cpu work. I tried loading up minecraft and i only got 60 fps and my gpu shouldve gotten me more fps on minecraft since its not hard to run. i think it used my cpus integrated graphics and that my gpu is dead. however, the fans on the gpu still spinning. please tell me if you know what is happening.

thefxgamingrules

Reputable
Jun 19, 2018
If the PCI-E Power connector has signs of damage, most probably, it is fried too.
Is the display cable connected to the motherboard or the GPU? Before ruling it out as dead, remove and try cleaning it/ using it in another system.
The fans may continue to spin even if some core circuitry dies on your graphics card.

Check for Vsync settings in your minecraft, these usually mess things up.

You could also download UNIGINE VALLEY or HEAVEN benchmark tester to see how your system performs overall.

I personally have a hard time believing that you are having issues related to hardware... although possible. Which PSU do you have?