[SOLVED] 23-24inch FullHD monitor

Mar 30, 2020
Today my monitor died so i need a new one. What brands are best now and what i need to looking for ? I need 24inch monitor up to 200euro. I need thin frame because not like the fat framed monitors. I rea that i need to search for Flicker free and blue light free monitor. Also if it has USB will be nice

Solution
The resolution 1080p means the monitor has 1920x1080 pixels. Thats 2,073,600 total pixels your gpu has to light up with color.

The resolution 1440p means the monitor has 2560x1440 pixels. That's 3,686,400 total pixels your gpu has to light up with color.

1440p is @ 1.8x more pixels than 1080p, which is why it's often (incorrectly) referred to as 2k resolution.

What that translates to for a gpu is a seriously heavier workload. If you were getting 100fps in a game, expect to get closer to 60-70fps instead. With the same detail settings.

Comparing a 27" monitor with both resolutions, the 1440p will have considerably smaller pixels than 1080p, just to pack them in the same frame size, which results in a much cleaner, sharper image for...
Mar 30, 2020
@Master Djoza
  • I dont know if i need more hz monitor so i dont know. Im using it mostly for browsing and rarely play games.
  • I dont prefer any brand over others. Just want something good. Just not sure about Acer monitors. I didnt know till yesterday they making anything but laptop
@Karadjgne is Asus monitors good as LG, Dell and other good brands ? I know they are good for other PC parts but for monitors dont know

I need good picture and eye care with low lag. Dont need speaker, but USB ports will be big benefit. Also if there some good Frameless monitor will be best. Mine LG 23mp65 was frameless and its very good
---

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
Its an old model and i cant found it anymore at least in my country. Also when i need to buy new one i need a better one.

Just searched and found some models, is they worth it ?
  • Samsung LS24R650
  • Dell P2419H
  • Dell U2419H
  • Dell S2421HGF

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Asus puts its name on some very decent monitors. I own 2 of them, a 8 year old VH248 and a 7 year old VE248H. Never had an issue with either, not a single dead pixel.

My old LG 21" 1440x900 lasted 9 months then died. Literally smoke poured out the top vents. At the time it was powered by a gtx660ti, so not exactly over the top performance demands. That was Asus too, oc'd 124%. Sold it last year, still worked great, just slow.

For many years, the Asus ROG Swift was the monitor to beat, highest refresh, decent colors, best response. At any resolution.

Samsung is decent and Dell UltraSharp are seriously decent, about the best thing Dell does on a regular basis.

Mar 30, 2020
Im looking all night and i think ill go with Dell. Good quality and lot of good reviews.
Curently think between P2419H, U2419H and P2421D. The last one is 2020 model and its 1440p. What will be the difference with hgher resolution ? Is there any benefits over 1080p ? I dont watch movies on my PC if that matter. Its most common to play games on pc, but mostly browsing

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The resolution 1080p means the monitor has 1920x1080 pixels. Thats 2,073,600 total pixels your gpu has to light up with color.

The resolution 1440p means the monitor has 2560x1440 pixels. That's 3,686,400 total pixels your gpu has to light up with color.

1440p is @ 1.8x more pixels than 1080p, which is why it's often (incorrectly) referred to as 2k resolution.

What that translates to for a gpu is a seriously heavier workload. If you were getting 100fps in a game, expect to get closer to 60-70fps instead. With the same detail settings.

Comparing a 27" monitor with both resolutions, the 1440p will have considerably smaller pixels than 1080p, just to pack them in the same frame size, which results in a much cleaner, sharper image for everything from text to object edges. If you took a 1080p square with 10x10 pixels and drew a diagonal line, you'd see the stair-steps, not clean. Taking the same size box in 1440p, it'd be 18x18 pixels, far smaller stairs, much cleaner look.

So there are benefits to upgrading resolution, as far as viewing goes, but the downside is the huge draw on the gpu. Weaker gpus will tank for fps. If your gpu isn't 1080/2070S or better, 1440p will result in a bad time for fps when playing even simpler graphics games like CSGO.

1440p is to 720p the exact same thing as 4k is to 1080p. 2x2.

Solution
Mar 30, 2020
My gpu is 1070 and i dont plan to change it soon. Im not sure how 27" monitor will be on my desk. Maybe will be too big for me. Now im using 23 so 4 inch bigger will be too much for me i think.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
High fps is for fast action games like CSGO or Valorant or Battlefield series etc where speed counts and lag kills vs other players. High resolution fps is for strategy games, mmorpgs, story games like Witcher 3 or Skyrim, where realism and game involvement or immersion are more important.

So if your general style of play is intense first person shooters, you'd be better served with 1080p/144Hz TN panel. If your general style of play is wandering around the countryside you'd be better served by a 1440p/60Hz IPS panel. If you are on the fence and prefer both equally, and have the gpu for it, a 1440p/144Hz VA panel where you bottom out details for fps, or maximize details for wandering, per game.

Mar 30, 2020
Never play strategy games. Mostly play Fifa on TV with console. On PC im playing very very rarely. 2-3 times in a year for 1 week and thats it. Modern warfare 1,2 or 3. So i dont need gaming monitor.

Now im looking at Dell P2720D and U2719D if it will be 27inch. The second one will be second hand used for 3 months so both are same price.
If it will be 24 inch im looking at U2419H(1080p) or P2421D (1440p).
What is your opinie on these or there better ones on that price range ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Op, the Ultrasharp series (U2719D etc) uses a Samsung PLS panel. Almost identical to the standard IPS panels.
PLS is produced by Samsung, who claims that compared to IPS panels, PLS panels have better viewing angles, a 10% increase in brightness, 15% decrease in production costs, increased image quality, and allow for flexible panels. Samsung’s PLS panels have been known to overclock well

So while the P2720D is a really nice monitor, the U2719D is very slightly better. Samsung panels are generally some of the best around.

I'd not go for the U2419H as that's just a 24" IPS @ 60Hz, but as to 24"x1440p or 27"x1440p, go park your butt at a store that sells Tv's/monitors exactly the same distance away as you'd be sitting at your desk. Only you can decide exactly which size is more comfortable for your use/needs as the screens offer the same credentials except for size.

I wanted a 60" big screen, at 15feet away from the wall, it's a good size for me. Wife wanted a much cheaper 32" because she didn't like having to move her eyes or head to see the entire picture. I finally drug her to the TV store and made her see the difference. We now have a 55", it was on sale.

Only you can decide what's right for you, I don't have to look at your monitor, nor does anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 30, 2020
If i dont found U2719D for affordable price in my country, what you think about AOC Q27G2U/BK ? Its 1440p/144hz with VA panel ? Its the only one 1440p/144hz that i can afford.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
AOC uses the exact same panels as Asus. They both buy from the same manufacturer. Asus just has a much larger company to pay for, so charges more to the consumer for basically the same product.

The 49" super ultra wide 1440p (that's 2x 27" monitors linked) by AOC is half the price of the Asus model, same panel, different design stand. Same excellent reviews.

Mar 30, 2020
So its good ? I dont know for the quality of Asus monitors. I know only about Dell and LG that they are good, but every other brand is new to me.

EDIT: The guy who i talked for buying U2719D wasnt serious so i cant find another one on affordable price. I can get P2720D for 270euro or the AOC Q27Gu2 for the same price. Now im more for the Dell, because looks better, the AOC have gaming look. Also im not sure ill notice the bigger refresh rate of the AOC, when im rarely play games.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020
Today i bought P2720D and its not too big. Im used to it for couple of hours. At first it looked huge, but now its totally fine. The only thing tha bothers me is that on that 1440p resolution on 27", things looks smaller that 1080p on 23" monitor. Yes i have so much more space, but words and details are smaller. Im using 100% scalling, its the recommended value for that screen and resolution. On 125% its too big, but still dont tried manual values like 110% for example.