23.976 Framerate

hi2shy

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hello,

I have been reading lots of different forums and review sites and have not been able to find a suitable answer to my issues. I'm hoping that I will here, so here goes.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a graphics card that plays bluray movies at 23.976 framerate?

I currently have a quad core HTPC with a NVIDIA 9600GT graphics card and I cannot get smooth playback on bluray movies.

My HTPC is connected to a LG50PS6000 plasma TV.

Is it worth upgrading my graphics card? If so, which one would suit my needs?

Thanks!

acer0169

Distinguished
I'm not really up to date with bluray, but can I ask why you need to play at 23.976FPS? Is that BR default? I've never seen a graphics card marketed with "can play bluray at 23.976" etc ;) so I'm not really sure if that's common with new graphics cards or not. I've seen many of the new cards sold with lines such as "play your HD DVD or Bluray movies yadda yadda" so I would have thought most of todays cards can handly it just fine. Can any one confirm this?

hi2shy

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I've just read that MPC HD can integrate with WMC and might be able to play bluray movies without any judder.

If that fails, the Ati 5450 looks like it can handle the job of playing back at 23.976fps for smooth bluray playback.

4745454b

Titan
A quad core with a 9600GT should be more then enough for playing blu ray disks. If you're having issues its more likely to be a software related thing. Try a different player, make sure your computer is free of virus, not having heat related issues, etc.

trep-

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Is your graphic card connected to a standard PC monitor ? If so, do you have the same problem with your monitor ?

I had some playback issue at home with blu-ray and different movies. Turned out i had to change some settings on my TV to fix it.

hi2shy

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
I've tried the suggestions and have come back with the following:

The CPU is running around 53 degrees idle
The GPU is running around 47 degrees idle

The films do work on my seperate monitor.

I changed the TV setting to Cinema mode as directed by support (it was also in the manual :ouch: )

After playing around with various settings on the TV, on the Nvidia CP, codecs etc and pulling my hair out, I've found that leaving the Nvidia settings to 1080p 60Hz resolved all my issues!!

I hope this is the last of it!!

Thanks for all your help guys.

TRENDING THREADS