$2300 build advice

May 27, 2018
Hi guys so im going to be building my new gaming rig and wanted some advice on the parts i selected

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t2N3RJ

Budget is around 2300, I might wait for the new 1180 graphic card but we will see :)

Any advice would be great.

Going for a white look, so will be buying rgb lights , fans etc

P.s for the cooler i will be putting in x2 beQuiet Slient wing 3 fans

i would suggest to get an asus strix or evga ftw3 1080ti.

lots of review indicated that the zotac card tends to run very hot despite having a tri slot cooler, vrm tends to be really hot under high load.

asus card will light up like Christmas tree with that rgb stuff with your mobo.

and i own a ftw3 evga card, if you are paranoid about cooling on your 1080ti and doesn't want to go for a liquid cooled one, icx cooling solution is really nice.

Here is the list:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($347.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X CODE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($269.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($204.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($197.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card ($834.98 @ Newegg Business)
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case ($102.00 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2270.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-29 15:09 EDT-0400

I know you plan on getting build with white theme. This build is initially Black but is full RGB build and when you turn all the LEDs in this build to white it will look lot better than white build. And additional benefit to this build is that you can change the color theme of the build after few months or a year when-ever you get bored of it without spending anything extra. Simply turn the LED color from white to blue or red and you will get a new look.

Solution

if you are not overclocking or just light overclocking (4.7~4.8 ghz all core) strix is fine.

if you plan on a 5.0 ghz daily system, rog code is not a bad chooice.

That MAXIMUS X CODE packs in great value for its aesthetics and performance. That will be a great step up from STRIX Z370-E. As you were giving equal priority to the looks and performance I did not want to compromise on the looks as well. Spending bit extra to get a lot better looking and a notch up performance lvl is not a bad expenditure.

TRENDING THREADS