[SOLVED] 24” 1080p IPS or 27” 1440 TN

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
Hey,

Due to covid I can’t go to a shop and check it myself. Both monitors are 144hz+ and I’ve got a 1080ti so I’m sure I can run 1440p. I could not find a clear answer on the internet and have been contemplating for ages

Thanks

Solution
If you do photography, then, I would think that a higher 1440P resolution would be better.
What is most important to you>
If you mainly do fast action shooter type games, then the faster performance of a tn panel might be worth it.

A monitor is a long term investment.
Bust your budget for the very best you can afford.
You will also find that the old 24" monitor is very helpful.
As a side monitor, it is most useful for desktop operations.
It will not impact gaming when attached to the GTX1080ti.

Can you go 4k?
My setup includes a 40" 4k monitor and a side 30" 1600P monitor attached to a GTX1080ti.
I get a steady 60 fps gaming on the 4k monitor which is the limit.
But, my games are not activity intensive, mainly civilization.

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
The 1440p TN panel is around £100 more
Do you have another choice?
Bigger and higher resolution is more immersive for gaming.
But, the image quality of IPS type and the 178/178 viewing angle is better than tn.
Yep, I’ve got myself a 24” and a 27” would be a nice addition to my setup. Thanks for giving advice on the IPS too, I do photography that’s why the IPS is one of my choices.

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
I’m seeing the Dell at £399, is that the price you are looking at? Ok it’s out of stock but the LG GL83a is only £40 more and IPS 1440p, 144Hz and officially G-Sync compatible https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Ultragear-27GL83A-B-27-Inch-Compatible/dp/B07XLDLZPF

I have this monitor and it’s excellent for the price and came with a certificate to say it had been colour calibrated at the factory.
It’s £360 for where I’m from as it’s on discount on Amazon. I was actually looking at that monitor as well as the VG27BQ, it’s quite a big gap from £360 to £440 and idk if I’ll be able to make it. I’ll consider it though.

If you do photography, then, I would think that a higher 1440P resolution would be better.
If you mainly do fast action shooter type games, then the faster performance of a tn panel might be worth it.

Can you go 4k?
My setup includes a 40" 4k monitor and a side 30" 1600P monitor attached to a GTX1080ti.

Solution

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com

Can you go 4k?
Great, then I'll go with the TN panel.

I don't want to go 4k just yet as I don't think GPU's are good enough yet, maybe for low intensive games however I'm looking to play Control, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and etc...

Thanks