24 Last Minute Gift Ideas Under $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
What kind of moron would down thumb the guy speaking undeniable truth? Probably the same kind that pays $65 for a 4 GB thumb drive or alarm clock, or maybe that really shitty quality Creature II speaker set. Yeah, no I totally prefer spending 3-10 times more money for a gimmick.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]Ihadtosayit[/nom]Most of this is overpriced trash.[citation][nom]LAN_deRf_HA[/nom]What kind of moron would down thumb the guy speaking undeniable truth? Probably the same kind that pays $65 for a 4 GB thumb drive or alarm clock, or maybe that really shitty quality Creature II speaker set. Yeah, no I totally prefer spending 3-10 times more money for a gimmick.[/citation]
[/citation]
Welcome to Christmas, you must be new here. The point of gift giving isn't what you got or even how much thought you put into it, it's how much you *overspent* on it that really shows your loved ones you care.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Wow, TomCode backfires again. Let's try this:
[citation][nom]Ihadtosayit[/nom]Most of this is overpriced trash.[/citation]
[citation][nom]LAN_deRf_HA[/nom]What kind of moron would down thumb the guy speaking undeniable truth? Probably the same kind that pays $65 for a 4 GB thumb drive or alarm clock, or maybe that really shitty quality Creature II speaker set. Yeah, no I totally prefer spending 3-10 times more money for a gimmick.[/citation]
Welcome to Christmas, you must be new here. The point of gift giving isn't what you got or even how much thought you put into it, it's how much you *overspent* on it that really shows your loved ones you care.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]Welcome to Christmas, you must be new here. The point of gift giving isn't what you got or even how much thought you put into it, it's how much you *overspent* on it that really shows your loved ones you care.[/citation]
Maybe in your family. Having not started that well off in life, I much prefer someone put some thought into a gift, and pay less, then giving me some novelty garbage, and paying more.

I'd much prefer a nice pair of thick woolen socks over, over a 4GB flash drive shaped like a lego block.

And as such, if I really don't know what to get, I go with cash.

ERName

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
JoeBob was being sarcastic. No one really thinks that way, no matter how well off you are. At least I hope so.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]caamsa[/nom]Now here is a good deal. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] _-14102810[/citation]
Oh man, a 4870 for 180 bucks! I was about to say this is more of a Tom's Hardware item, but I forgot this is a Tom's Hardware list! With the items, I was thinking it was more of a Tom's Guide list. Clock radios? Come on Tom's hardware guys, you can do better.

And as for everyone complaining about price, everyone knows you can get a really cheap USB thumb drive online. This is an article about novelty electronic gifts cheaper than a 60" LCD. This is NOT a review of USB thumb drives. Jeese. Get your mom a really cheap A-Data if you want, but otherwise don't complain, obviously there ARE people out there willing to pay $65 for an overpriced Ducati USB drive. It's cheaper than an actual Ducati bike.

Yeah of those 24 items, I didn't see a darn thing I would want. Well, with exception perhaps of the LG Blu-Ray / HD-DVD player (internal drive).

Otherwise, I have to agree that it's all overpriced junk. ;)

3lvis

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]And as such, if I really don't know what to get, I go with cash.[/citation]

Cash/Gift cards are the worst present. The message it sends is that you didn't care enough to ask what they really wanted.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]3lvis[/nom]Cash/Gift cards are the worst present. The message it sends is that you didn't care enough to ask what they really wanted.[/citation]
Unless the person prefers cash and says so, like myself :D

G

Where can I find the Philips LivingColors LED Lamp? I'm unable to find a store, I would be ready to buy online or at a local store.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]ERName[/nom]JoeBob was being sarcastic. No one really thinks that way, no matter how well off you are. At least I hope so.[/citation]

I was being sarcastic, but that doesn't mean no one thinks that way (it's all too common). If you have a circle of relationships where this doesn't happen at all, then I suggest you hang on to EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
This is hardly even worthy of looking at. Total garbage gifts. Who are the targeted audience here who will just drop upwards of $150 on some other sap that they clearly don't give two damns about, and who clearly will be thrilled by ultra cheap bull crap like this junk displayed here as "gift ideas?" Non sense. Is this what Tom's goons do to their families and loved ones? Dear lord.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Oh man, a 4870 for 180 bucks! I was about to say this is more of a Tom's Hardware item, but I forgot this is a Tom's Hardware list! With the items, I was thinking it was more of a Tom's Guide list. Clock radios? Come on Tom's hardware guys, you can do better.And as for everyone complaining about price, everyone knows you can get a really cheap USB thumb drive online. This is an article about novelty electronic gifts cheaper than a 60" LCD. This is NOT a review of USB thumb drives. Jeese. Get your mom a really cheap A-Data if you want, but otherwise don't complain, obviously there ARE people out there willing to pay $65 for an overpriced Ducati USB drive. It's cheaper than an actual Ducati bike.[/citation]
I agree, this does seem like a Tom's Guide list ;)

--Rachel Rosmarin, Editor of Tom's Guide

[citation][nom]3lvis[/nom]Cash/Gift cards are the worst present. The message it sends is that you didn't care enough to ask what they really wanted.[/citation]
I'm with Randomizer - I prefer cash to some cheap gift that's just going to fall apart or be shoved in a corner anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.