24 pin conncetor issue pLEASSE HELPP

Josh_62

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
My 24 pin conncetor only gets power when it is jiggled it worked perfectly before hand but all of a sudden it only gets power when moved around

My psu is a corsair vs550

Solution
it sounds to me like some sort of loose connection where the socket meets plug. that little catch that an image was linked to earlier should engage and latch the two together tightly. if that is broken, you might certainly have an issue. or, if that connection is tight, perhaps a broken wire on the psu side from whatever pulled it out.

agreed, regardless of how frustrating your issue, remember to be civil and keep family friendly language here.
G

Is the clip on the connector plugged into the motherboard and PSU.
(Im talking about the thing below the green cable:https://overgrow.com/growfaq/photos/1748_files/dscn00659me.jpg)

Josh_62

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016

i will look

G

Id say get an RMA, but you'd probably want to wait until someone more knowledgeable takes a look at the thread

G

RMA - Return Merchandise Authorisation
Its basically taking the PSU back to the manufacturer and them testing it. If its faulty they'll send a new one. This can take along time due to shipping.

Josh_62

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
it kind of is pissing me off coz it was working fine until i went downstairs to eat and i found the cable out of the socket and i tried to put it back in but i couldnt get any power but when i moved it i could se the case fans gpu fans and psu fans turn on and the optical drive began to make sounds

G

Yes. Try your dads, make sure every thing is turned off before playing around with hardware, and be sure to connect every cable in right.

it sounds to me like some sort of loose connection where the socket meets plug. that little catch that an image was linked to earlier should engage and latch the two together tightly. if that is broken, you might certainly have an issue. or, if that connection is tight, perhaps a broken wire on the psu side from whatever pulled it out.

agreed, regardless of how frustrating your issue, remember to be civil and keep family friendly language here.

Solution
Corsair CX and VS are known to have issues with the +24 pin connector. The retaining latch will (most of the time) not reach the little lip, so the connection is not secure. It requires an excessive amount of force sometimes to get it all the way in so the system will run.
A friend had the same issue, the system would only turn on if the cable was wiggled on his CX 500, I tried it with one of my PSUs (a quality one) and it worked just fine.