24 PIN connector stuck no way to remove

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
What's up tomshardware i have some serious problem i can't remove 24pin connector i need to change MB,CPU my motherboard broke so i don't care rip it apart or do whatever but i can't remove the cable i have CX430 and asrock g41M-vs3 need help!!! can i remove it by the black tape or will i damage the wires?

Do not pull on the harness or wires to remove the 24-pin connector. You could damage the crimp between the terminal and the wires you are pulling on. Make sure you are releasing the retention clip on the side of the 24-pin connection, then pull on the plastic housing portion itself. Since you are removing the motherboard anyway, you may find it easier to leave the 24-pin connector attached and pull the PSU out with it. If you can get a better look at it, you may be able to pry the connector free with a flat-bladed screwdriver while holding the retention clip open.

LagerLV

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Well i know how to remove cables :D this one is real hard i might just remove the MB and just brute force the MOBO to remove the cable tho trying not to get capacitors i am not meaning to rip the MB but removing it with PSU and somethow trying hard!

Some power connectors and their clips can be very tight.

1) Make sure you have completely compressed the power connector latch
2) Try a gentle rocking motion along the length of the power connector while pulling it out. This can help loosen it.
3) Try needle nose pliers to hold the connector clip open while gently prying the gap with a flat screwdriver.