[SOLVED] 24 pin connector wont click into place into a motherboards socket

USBfragFPS

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
I bought a brand new power supply - a Cooler Master MWE 550W Gold, but It's 24 pin connector won't "click" into place into a Gigabytes motherboard's socket, I've pushed as hard down as possible and there's still about 1mm gap. I can't for the life of my make them connect to the point of the 'snap' hook piece locking.
An old 550W AcBel PSU has no problem getting it clicked onto the "snap' hook or the safety trapper/latch (with no gap at all) on the Gigabytes motherboard. I've installed over 30 PC systems, only a few ended up like this with the connector not clicking in!
My question is: Do I need to push down hard on the 24-pin connector again by every 6 or 12 months? Should I RMA the Cooler Master psu?
What could happen if the 24-pin connector comes loose one day? Could the PC caught on fire due to that?

Solution
First of I used Coolermaster MWE 450 (not 550 but both are similar). And you don't need to worry about any thing. Coolermaster designed tight Connectors. Which sometimes not fit perfectly. You don't need to push more (it will damage your motherboard.) just left 1 mm gap.

And your PC will never catch Fire due to this issue.
First of I used Coolermaster MWE 450 (not 550 but both are similar). And you don't need to worry about any thing. Coolermaster designed tight Connectors. Which sometimes not fit perfectly. You don't need to push more (it will damage your motherboard.) just left 1 mm gap.

And your PC will never catch Fire due to this issue.

Solution