24 pin wont fit

Kamikazi

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hi, i have a problem getting the 24 pin connector to fit in the mother board. A you can see there is a small gap anger it will not go any farther. I am putting a large amount of force on it and an scared it will break. This problem isn't allowing me to start my computer. I ordered ask the parts for a computer and they arrived yesterday. At first i thought was a bad psu but i did the paper clip test and the fans turn on. What should i do to fix the problem or should i turn the psu the motherboard which ever is the problem back for an exchange. Also, in the24 pin connector you can see one on the pins gave a nursing metal part, is that normal or is defective. My psu: corsair cx 600
Motherboard: msi z87 g45 gaming
Imgur.com/5Djw5yU
Imgur.com/2jkRhlh
Imgur.com/flz2lie
Imgur.com/OH2kRKR
Thank you.
Btw, using phone i see a lot of grammer errors.

Solution

You can fix it by aligning all the wires as straight up as you can. This wont damage anything, but it will straighten the sockets so that you can plug it in.
That's most likely 100% normal, the 24 pin connectors generally require a lot more force than you would think to plug them in for the first time. If you really can't get it in, take the motherboard out of the case, take out the RAM, and put the motherboard on the box it came in. Then plug in the 24pin connector. This will give you more room to work with and more leverage.

Kamikazi

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I cant put it in the other way because it only goes in one way. Also, i took it out of the case and am applying large amount of pressure, if i were to. Guess about 60 lbs atleast

YEah, that's exactly whats happening. You can fix it by aligning all the wires as straight up as you can. This wont damage anything, but it will straighten the sockets so that you can plug it in.

Kamikazi

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Oops i forgot to delete above post. What i meant to say is that my ssd came over and forced that thing in by hitting it with a screw driver while my heart was pounding faster than blood could circulate through my body lol.