2400g temperature issues

Joshua Streeter

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
So my 2400g has been working fine until recently was playing ME:Andromeda and noticed that everything was just super choppy and laggy checked AMD in game metrics and saw that CPU utilization was extremely high all of sudden well it was because my 2400g was throttling itself down from being over 100c...... Closed the game let the processor cool down at idle
64c on 0% usage.....seemed way too high to me

So I opened the case up reseated the heatsink and everything rebooted and then ran some stress tests (p95) got to 93c after about 15 minutes and stayed pretty stable around there I cross referenced with Google and saw most people's 2400g's we're hitting about 90-95 on p95 so I figured ok this is good. Went back to playing about an hour later same thing temps at about 100c and game acting erratic

Should my next step be to clean off thermal paste and apply some aftermarket to see if I just got a bad chunk?

Is your processor running at stock clock speeds/default core voltages?

Does your case have adequate air intake and exhaust fans, or is it a small mini ITX case or tiny cube-like case with restricted airflow?

Are your indoor ambient temps unusually warm? (Some folks don't mind 32C indoor temps, but, ...I'm not one of them.....!)

Joshua Streeter

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Yes that is at stock voltage and auto frequency
About 76f in my room I think that's like 24c and I have a normal ATX case one back fan and 3 front fans all 120mm I believe my gpu has no temp problems so I don't think it's a case issue(it's a rx580 runs at around 60-70c on load)

TRENDING THREADS