2400Mhz or 2666Mhz only for gaming (might do some editing in the future)

RaZe__1

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Hello guys! It's my first time building a Gaming PC , I want to ask if 2666 Mhz better or the 2400Mhz Better?
This is what i'm thinking to buy:
CPU: I5-7600k
MOBO: Asus Z270F
CPU COOLER: CM Hyper 212x
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 ti Gaming X
RAM : Corsair Vengeace LPX 16GB (8x2GB) DDR4 2666Mhz/ Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz DDR4
HDD : Seagate 2TB
MONITOR : BENQ 24" (1920x1080) 60hz

I'll gladly read any advice :)

Solution
Personally I'd lean towards the corsair if the two are equally priced. The difference in performance between the two is not going to be noticeable day to day, and negligible in benchmarks. Ram speed just doesn't have a lot of effect on speed like it used too. Ryzen chips have the potential for ram speed to make a difference but not currently on intel.
one figure of merit is to divide the speed by the latency.
It turns out that there will not be much difference in actual app performance.
Take your pick.

If I might opine, the GTX1050ti seems a bit weak compared to the power of your cpu.
Not so bad for games such as sims, mmo, or strategy that depend on a few fast cores.
Perhaps not so good for fast action games.

FWIW

I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
120gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.
But, many things default to the "C" drive.
When a SSD nears full, it will lose performance and endurance.
240gb is the recommended minimum.

If you can go 240gb, or 500gb you may never need a hard drive.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.

Samsung EVO is a good choice for performance and reliability.

Personally I'd lean towards the corsair if the two are equally priced. The difference in performance between the two is not going to be noticeable day to day, and negligible in benchmarks. Ram speed just doesn't have a lot of effect on speed like it used too. Ryzen chips have the potential for ram speed to make a difference but not currently on intel.

Solution