240hz +100-120fps = 120hz ish?

Oct 4, 2018
I wanted to buy a 144hz monitor and went to the store today and found out there was a discount and there was the same version but 240hz at the same price, am I benefiting in any way? I’m fine with paying the amount

Solution
Some people say they can tell the difference. I'd say yes it is better to have higher refresh rate even if you're not obtaining that frame rate, as long as you aren't suffering from screen tearing. But, there's usually ways around that.

What's your system?
Some people say they can tell the difference. I'd say yes it is better to have higher refresh rate even if you're not obtaining that frame rate, as long as you aren't suffering from screen tearing. But, there's usually ways around that.

What's your system?

Solution
Oct 4, 2018
I have the acer predator Helios 300 17.3inch 7th gen gtx1060
Wait, another question is if I’m not gaming do I still get the rapid mouse movement of a 240hz monitor?, another question: 240hz monitor, 127 FPS (for example) is it basically 127hz like do all those 127 frames show?

Oh, it's a laptop. If I were buying I would rather have a better GPU such as GTX 1070 or 1080 with a 144Hz screen than a 240Hz screen with a GTX 1060. Yes, you get all 127 frames but there's a lot of potential there in 240Hz that won't get utilized possibly ever since it's a laptop and you won't be upgrading the GPU.

Oct 4, 2018
So me not having that 240fps won’t affect anything right? Do you think it’s a good idea to get it since (maybe in a year or 2 I’ll be getting a pc that may include a gtx 1080 or whatever the future holds) and I also don’t mind paying the amount for the montior as I was going to spend the same amount on a 144hz monitor, thanks for your responses by the way! This information is all I’ll need and then I shall get to buying it

You said monitor but the mentioned a laptop, which comes with both 144Hz or 240Hz screen. If it's an actual monitor you can use with a desktop and it costs not much more then sure, 240Hz will not hurt anything and will actually improve your experience if anything regardless of the framerate you get.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah sorry about the mix, morale of the story, bought a 240hz benq monitor and plugged it into my acer predator Helios 300 via usb type c to display port adapter, everything works fine, thank you so much for helping me good sir!