Specs
i7 8086k (5.2)
Gtx 1080 Ti
750w PS
X62 Kraken
500 GB SSD m.2
250 GB Samsung ssd
z390 e gaming motherboard asus

So I have been having a problem where any fps under 120fps at 240hz feels terrible and anything under 240hz (like 144hz) feels terrible. I usually get 300 plus fps on fortnite and anything over 120fps feels smooth even at 400 fps, but anything under that like 60 fps is laggy and choppy and not smooth at all. I have tried to change a lot of settings checked my system ( its overperforming by 62 percent) I have overclocked it and my temps are amazing. Tried V Sync and G sync and had the same problem. I have a XL2540 BenQ monitor. I have had this same not smooth gameplay on Fortnite on 3 different GPUs and 2 different monitors and have even reset Windows 10 pro and that did nothing. I feel like I have tried everything. Help much appreciated :) Thanks!

chris11d7

Honorable
May 5, 2014
So it seems like you are experiencing micro-stutter, where FPS can equal (for say) 60 FPS, but really it's "freezing" for half a second (0 FPS for half a second) and then getting like 120 FPS for the second half of the second; so the average number of frames is still 60/second, even though it isn't half the time.
Dumb question; Have you changed your computer's power settings from "balanced" to "high performance"? Iv'e had this be a huge problem in the past, especially in games that benefit from higher FPS like CSGO and Forza MS7.
GO TO : Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options, set to "High Performance"

Mar 11, 2019
So it seems like you are experiencing micro-stutter, where FPS can equal (for say) 60 FPS, but really it's "freezing" for half a second (0 FPS for half a second) and then getting like 120 FPS for the second half of the second; so the average number of frames is still 60/second, even though it isn't half the time.
Dumb question; Have you changed your computer's power settings from "balanced" to "high performance"? Iv'e had this be a huge problem in the past, especially in games that benefit from higher FPS like CSGO and Forza MS7.
GO TO : Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options, set to "High Performance"

Thank you for your reply! But Yes I have tried high performance and the same thing happens and I dont think it’s microstutter because it’s never smooth so when I turn and move ALL the time it’s not smooth it’s VERY choppy... but thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.