[SOLVED] 240hz 144hz 1080p Monitors For Gaming HELP !

tegacius

Commendable
Oct 10, 2018
Dell Alienware AW2518HF VS Asus VG248QE VS ? ? ? ? ? ?

I am looking for 144hz 1ms monitor (budget one).
I am playing FPS games mostly R6:Siege and using Msi Nvidia GTX 960 2gb.
Can you help me to decide which monitor to choose or maybe you can show me better one ?
I am scared that these monitors will have tearing and ghosting...
I personally prefer asus company products because they are inexpensive and good quality, but Dell Alienware AW2518H is much newer model than Asus VG248QE.
Waiting for suggestions. :wahoo:
Budget: about 500$

B.T.W: I was looking for G-Sync monitor but they are too expensive. Sorry for my bad english. :lol:

Solution
Your English is excellent.

Ghosting is down to the response time. The panels you are looking at have the lowest potential ghosting. To truly avoid it there are modes that allow you to get around it mostly. Basically this means turning the backlight down or off in time with the refresh cycle. You can't use it with any of the syncing modes as I recall. (Nor can I remember the name from the various vendors)

Tearing is a matter of a mismatch between the monitor refresh rate and the frames per second output by the video card. Only proper way to get around this is to enable some type of sync. V-sync will lock the monitor and GPU together at 144 Hz/FPS If your GPU/CPU can't manage 144FPS at all times, you will experience tearing.

G-sync...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Your English is excellent.

Ghosting is down to the response time. The panels you are looking at have the lowest potential ghosting. To truly avoid it there are modes that allow you to get around it mostly. Basically this means turning the backlight down or off in time with the refresh cycle. You can't use it with any of the syncing modes as I recall. (Nor can I remember the name from the various vendors)

Tearing is a matter of a mismatch between the monitor refresh rate and the frames per second output by the video card. Only proper way to get around this is to enable some type of sync. V-sync will lock the monitor and GPU together at 144 Hz/FPS If your GPU/CPU can't manage 144FPS at all times, you will experience tearing.

G-sync gives control of the monitor's refresh to the GPU, but the monitor must have a G-sync module in it. Under a certain FPS it reverts to adaptive V-sync, and above the G-sync range it can either be locked to the refresh (basically v-sync) or allowed to run wild, which brings back tearing, but achieves maximum possible FPS.

Adaptive Sync and FreeSync are part of the display port standard, and sometimes implemented through HDMI. Achieves the same thing as G-sync but often has a narrower operation range. Free Sync is not supported by Nvidia, and there really isn't a good way to make an Nvidia card use Adaptive sync. (There is one workaround, but it involves having two GPUs)

If you want to spend up to $500, plenty of options with G-sync, but this one is around the same price as the Dell.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pHGj4D/asus-rog-swift-pg248q-240-180hz-monitor-rog-swift-pg248q

Solution

tegacius

Commendable
Oct 10, 2018
TH for reply :)

That's a nice monitor !!! I probably choose that one
What about screen size ? 24 is the best for FPS gaming ? Because I think 27inch is too big and I will need to turn my head to look around :D
Is it worth to go with G-Sync ? it will work better ?

Now I am using I5-3350p (3.10Ghz) and Msi GTX 960 (2GB) and Be quet 300W power supply and my frames sometimes drop cause of 100% CPU usage ... It can be that my power supply is too weak and my CPU can't boost and it laaaaags sometimes ? I am looking to buy Corsair TX750M PSU. It's a good choice ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, the GTX960 will certainly struggle in many games to put out 180 FPS, so G-sync will keep it from tearing. Of all the panels out there the ROG Swifts are quite well known for having as low a latency as you can get without abandoning some type of sync.

300W is a little light for what you have, but 750W is more like what you would need for multiple GPUs and overclocking. Look for a decently priced 550W from Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA, Superflower...

tegacius

Commendable
Oct 10, 2018
I am looking for stronger power supply cause they are with 10 years guarantee and after 5 year i maybe buy new stuff for my pc ant PSU can be the same.
I think i am going to buy Asus - ROG SWIFT PG248Q :) And for power supply I am not sure ... Looking only for Corsair TX , RM and other Corsair models .