Discussion 240hz IPS Monitor: Acer Nitro XV273 Xbmiiprzx vs. ViewSonic Elite XG270

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2019
Hi, everyone. Hopefully this is the correct place on the forum for this discussion.

I've been wanting to purchase a second monitor, and since I've never had a gaming monitor I need some advice. I recently upgraded my GPU to an EVGA 2080 Ti (I got this as a gift from my brother), and play competitive games, especially FPS titles, several times per week. I also work from home half of the week as a full stack developer, and would like my gaming monitor to at least be functional for work-related tasks alongside my current monitor. I was considering getting a 144hz monitor, but I would like to get the most out of my 2080 Ti and aim for 240hz on a 1920x1080 display; in other words, high frame rate is the most important feature of the monitor I would like to purchase.

As far as I can tell, only two monitors on the market sport 240hz IPS panels that are G-Sync compatible:

Acer Nitro XV273 Xbmiiprzx
ViewSonic Elite XG270

I'm not really sure which I should choose, as both monitors have pretty good reviews on Amazon. Since I've only been gaming on a PC for about a year I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. Maybe there's even a compelling reason that I should purchase a 144hz IPS display instead; I'm open to suggestions. To be honest, money is not an issue in my purchase decision.

To summarize, I'm looking for a high quality, reliable gaming monitor with an IPS panel and G-Sync compatibility that will also be useful for productivity.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

Geoff Clements

Reputable
Oct 13, 2015
I'm in a similar boat as you trying to decide between these two monitors. I think I might wait for the 24.5in versions of them though.

Anyway there is an excellent review of the Nitro XV273 X here: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_nitro_xv273x.htm

Rtings is in the process of reviewing the XG270 right now.

Since they use the same panel I'd expect very similar performance from both of them. I lean towards the ViewSonic because of the collab with BlurBusters on motion blur reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.