240hz will work with this?

Solution
Eizo's 240(I am guessing you mean Turbo240) actually runs at 120 and uses a strobbed backlight to simulate 240hz(it is a motion blur reduction technique).

You will want to hold your games at 120 constantly to avoid negative side effects of backlight strobbing.

Antios

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016

well I am going to play CS:GO and Rust probably COD but thanks any GPUs you have on your mind?

What 240hz display are you running.

If it is a TV, you will have to check the manual to see what it can actually take.

Most 120/240hz TV's take in 60(some may take 120 and support 3d) and interpolate extra frames to smooth the video out. This adds input delay that is not desirable for games.

Antios

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016

its a Eizo 240hz monitor the ones they use in CS:GO esport

Eizo's 240(I am guessing you mean Turbo240) actually runs at 120 and uses a strobbed backlight to simulate 240hz(it is a motion blur reduction technique).

You will want to hold your games at 120 constantly to avoid negative side effects of backlight strobbing.

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Was curious about so looked it up. The raw Hz input will still be 120Hz just so you're aware. It uses strobe mode boost 240Hz (monitor internal thing) to refresh getting rid of any blur that might still be there. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/2ob7en/144hz_vs_240hz_cs_go_monitor/

Best gaming monitor on the market, nothing even gets remotely close. However, when it comes to the blur, keep in mind that the black frame insertion isn't as effective as strobing, which it's often mistaken to be, when it's not. Anyways, you still won't notice the blur, because they're very close to eachother. However, a cheaper say VG248QE with lightboost, is better value strictly for gaming, if you're doing things outside of gaming, such as movies, or well, play a lot of games that requires you to have great shadow detail as opposed to IPS and TN, then that's a good buy, but it's a luxury to say the least.