[SOLVED] 240mm AIO with 140mm Fans

May 6, 2019
I’m upgrading my current case and motherboard to an NZXT H510 Elite case. I currently use a 240mm AIO with a push configuration. In the new case there is two 140mm Pre-installed fans at the front. I believe the NZXT case comes with a easy installation type bracket at front for AIO’s which has both 120 & 140 cutouts.
(Don’t want to pay for another two rgb fans due to pricing)

QUESTION:
If using the bracket can I keep the pre-installed 140mm fans and mount the AIO to the 120 cutouts. Then install 2x 120mm fans as a pull, meaning there’s a 140mm pushing and 120mm pulling. (Is there any performance being lost such as temps)
(I know 140 on 240 rad loses performance)

Solution
Case fans are almost always high valume fans, meaning they move lots of air but not with alot of force.

Fans included with AIOs are called static pressure. They move less air but at more force and are used for radiators/coolers/HDD cages/etc when an obstruction such as they are in the way.

You really don't want to use case fans for a radiator. It wont hurt the fans, but they will be a choke point for air flow for the static pressure fans.
Case fans are almost always high valume fans, meaning they move lots of air but not with alot of force.

Fans included with AIOs are called static pressure. They move less air but at more force and are used for radiators/coolers/HDD cages/etc when an obstruction such as they are in the way.

You really don't want to use case fans for a radiator. It wont hurt the fans, but they will be a choke point for air flow for the static pressure fans.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS