240mm rad + 120mm fan in CM Mastercase h500p mesh

lukas13x

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi,
I will be buying the Cooler master mastercase h500p mesh and I'm deciding which way to have the fans and that set up. I was thinking of buying the Corsair LL120 3 pack and an EVGA CLC 240mm rad, put the rad in the front with the new LL120 fans and was hoping to fit the third 120mm fan above or.below the rad.
But will it fit or will the rad block the fan?

I will be moving the 2 200mm fans to the top and have a 120mm rear exhaust fan.

Or would a 360mm rad be much better. I don't plan to do major overclocking and a 360mm is going a bit out of budget.

Thanks.

Whats your actual system specs-unless you are going for an aggresive overclocking build you may be better off with a quality air cooler instead of an AIO. As far as fans go just the stock fans would be sufficient-2x200m at the front will bring plenty of air in and I believe it has a 140mm at the rear?You can replace them of course but it seems like its overkill and you might be overthinking it a tad.

lukas13x

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Right now Ive i7 3770k cooled by the 212 hyper evo, 16gb corsair vengeance ram, asus sabertooth z77, msi gaming 980ti.

Im planning to buy an i5 8600k with obviously new mb and 16gb ram. Im leaving the 980ti unless 1080ti prices drop further.

I was fairly settled that I want to get a 240mm rad. But was hopping to put the 3 corsair ll120 fans in front. Yes im a bit of an rgb fan lol. And putting the rad up top might be bad because airflow is blocked by the window as theres no mesh.

You can set it up any way you want-You can easily have it as 3x120mm at the front along with the rad although be advised that the LL120 fans are not exactly "great" radiator fans. Reading a few reviews they performed quite poorly in that regard.
You can install the rad as top exhaust though and there are vents on top of the case for the air to escape so the top panel won't be causing too many issues.

lukas13x

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Yeah I was wondering about the performance but I don't think ill be overclocking so they'd be enough I think. But If i set the fans to push up through the rad, ill be taking hot air from the middle of the case through the rad and there is a limited exit for the air to escape at the top because of the window, wont that increase my temps? While I would have a pull config in the front which will pull hot air from the rad into the case but Ill have a 140mm rear fan pushing out and the 2 200m at the top pulling or pushing?

TRENDING THREADS