[SOLVED] 240mm radiator with two 140mm fans?

Uri Abraham

Commendable
Feb 17, 2019
I have been saving in the past half year for a new computer, my first ever build so I'm trying that everything will be perfect.
I figured up by now most of my components but a there's one piece in the puzzle that remains, can I put a 240mm radiator with two 140mm fans?
The question is that the case I want to buy, the "h510 Elite" by NZXT comes with two 140mm aer RGB fans on the front and a normal 120mm fan on the rear, so far pretty good but the problem comes when you realize that the H510 Elite support only one 120/140mm fan on the top and a 120mm fan/radiator on the rear. This wouldn't be a problem unless I want a dual fan water cooling AIO. So I thought, "What if, I will buy a nice 240mm water cooling AIO and just take its fans? I'll put that radiator near the 140mm fans, and just put one of the fans on the top and one instead the included 120mm normal fan."
SO IS IT POSSIBLE?
Thank you all in advance, I will really appreciate any piece of advice you can give me.

P.S.
Call me lame if you want, but I like RGB and aesthetics are important, so... keep that in mind.

P.P.S.
Sorry in advance for any misspelling or grammar issues, I'm only an eighth-grader with English as a second language.

Jul 17, 2020
Uri - I am in the middle of a NZXT 510 Elite build.
I was able to mount the front AER RGB2 140 mm fans that come with the case on a 240 Thermaltake radiator (for 120 mm fans). The plate that holds the AER fans has extra slots that fit that 240 radiator. I first mounted the radiator (long screws) and then mounted the fans (short screws).
Caveat is I haven't tested cooling performance yet. But everything is mounted tightly.

Jul 30, 2020
Uri - I am in the middle of a NZXT 510 Elite build.
I was able to mount the front AER RGB2 140 mm fans that come with the case on a 240 Thermaltake radiator (for 120 mm fans). The plate that holds the AER fans has extra slots that fit that 240 radiator. I first mounted the radiator (long screws) and then mounted the fans (short screws).
Caveat is I haven't tested cooling performance yet. But everything is mounted tightly.

I mounted it to front as well. I have Ryzen 3900 and it get's a lot cooler than the stock fan heatsink that came with it. I kept the 140 mm fan on top of the case and installed one of the 120 mm from the Thermaltake cooler in the back but I reverse the flow so that these two fans blow out. They are connected to case fan connectors on the mb. The two 140 mm fan I have pulling in and connected to the CPU fan connector. My mb is the Asus x570 plus and the fanxpert4 tool has the front 140 mm fans running 100 % and the 2 case fans ramping. It's a little noisy but tolerable. its' 34 c at idle and spikes up and down in the 40s to low 50s when running multiples apps. low 40s when playing fortnite. Haven't really stressed it out. Should I switch the fans the other way?

TRENDING THREADS