Question 240Vac electric system for a 115V-230V power supply?

Apr 2, 2019
Well, I just bought a Raidmax ss530 willing to connect a GTX560 for the next months.
CNET Specs - https://www.cnet.com/products/raidmax-hybrid-series-rx-530ss-power-supply-530-watt/

1. My contry's eletric system is 240V with 50-60Hz of freuency, as well as my energy cable that goes to the psu says 240Vac.
So, can it be a problem when the psu says 115-230V required and 47Hz-63Hz on it?

2. Second, I dont like the minimum noise it does, and I tought this little noise would only come out with at least a GPU on my board and while playing something.

My pc rig is so simple

1 HD
4gb ram
core 2 quad Q9550
hometheather sound system and Some IO devices

so what you guys think?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
1) 115-230V is the nominal voltage. Your 240V service is fine as long as the hertz is in range. Be sure you have the correct connector for the power socket and PSU.

2) What is causing the noise you do not like? Case fans? Gfx card fan(s)?

Apr 2, 2019
1) 115-230V is the nominal voltage. Your 240V service is fine as long as the hertz is in range. Be sure you have the correct connector for the power socket and PSU.

2) What is causing the noise you do not like? Case fans? Gfx card fan(s)?

1) really? great!!! 🙃 , so, help me choosing the right cable because the one that I have says "240Vac". Is it fine???

2) it's the PSU fan. during the day is not noticeble but tonight when I leave the pc on for downloads I hear a bit but I am getting used to it.

Is it normal?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Most PSU fans are pretty quiet. But you may have more sensitive hearing than most. Of all the fans in most systems, the PSU fan should be the quietest, unless the fan is bad.

As to the connector end of the cable for your PSU, that will depend on what the PSU has for a socket and what your power receptacle on the wall has. I'm in the US, but you sound like you are in Europe?

If you are reading that 240V from the cable markings, it is fine. That is just the safe max voltage of the wires in the cable. The important thing is that the plugs/connectors match up.

Apr 2, 2019
Most PSU fans are pretty quiet. But you may have more sensitive hearing than most. Of all the fans in most systems, the PSU fan should be the quietest, unless the fan is bad.

As to the connector end of the cable for your PSU, that will depend on what the PSU has for a socket and what your power receptacle on the wall has. I'm in the US, but you sound like you are in Europe?

If you are reading that 240V from the cable markings, it is fine. That is just the safe max voltage of the wires in the cable. The important thing is that the plugs/connectors match up.

Yooo, as my psu says 8A/4A 43Hz - 63Hz, and my actual cable that goes into psu socket says 10A. Is it good???

Well, I just bought a Raidmax ss530 willing to connect a GTX560 for the next months.
CNET Specs - https://www.cnet.com/products/raidmax-hybrid-series-rx-530ss-power-supply-530-watt/

1. My contry's eletric system is 240V with 50-60Hz of freuency, as well as my energy cable that goes to the psu says 240Vac.
So, can it be a problem when the psu says 115-230V required and 47Hz-63Hz on it?
Which country are you in? You do not have a 50-60Hz frequency. You will have either 50 or 60. You should have 50Hz. As someone said earlier, 230 is nominal. The UK is 230/50Hz

Apr 2, 2019
Which country are you in? You do not have a 50-60Hz frequency. You will have either 50 or 60. You should have 50Hz. As someone said earlier, 230 is nominal. The UK is 230/50Hz

Im at Mozambique at Southern of africa, we have a border with South Africa
Im trying to find out which voltage we really receive.

Check this out at "Eletricity in Mozambique" says 220/50Hz

https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/mozambique/

There are basically 2 powers in the world.
110V/60Hz
220V/50Hz

The 110V is slightly more efficient, but isn't good when it comes to items that need more than 1KW of power
That is when 220V is way way better, small cables needed (less amps) but more power is available.

eg = 110V @ 10Amps = 1,100Watts
220V @ 10Amps = 2,200 Watts
Same 10 amp cable, but you get twice the power with 220V

Anyway, you are fine - any PSU that says 100-230V will work in any country.

Reactions: oneGamerE

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yooo, as my psu says 8A/4A 43Hz - 63Hz, and my actual cable that goes into psu socket says 10A. Is it good???
If that is the cable that came with the PSU and the plug on its end matches the wall receptacle, you are fine.
As to the less than high quality Raidmax PSU, even it can handle the GTX 560. And more, with its 456W available at the +12V rail.

It's not. He's got it backwards.

W / V = A. Lower Amps (current) produces less resistance and therefore less heat. That's why really cheap PSUs are "230V only". They can use undersized components on the front end because they support half the current of a low voltage mains.
Sort of tangential, but how do you figure that 110V is more efficient?
It's more efficient to generate a 60hz cycle from the power stations than a 50hz.
Sorry, keep getting confused with consumer and industrial.
So when we talk about creating 60hz cycle it's more efficient.

My bad... Forget we only talk about low voltage here :)

Reactions: jonnyguru
Apr 2, 2019
This. That is an absolute garbage PSU. Instead of asking for advice AFTER buying the garbage, you should have asked us BEFORE buying the garbage.

Can you return it?

Yeah understood.

But I thought as there is a 80plus certificate and not only, also 40A in +12V rail would be enough for the RAidmax530SS not to explode or damage my system when myself playing at least at 30FPS on densed detailed parts of the game maps.

Please tell me if it will/won't damage my system. Be straight, assuming the conditions above because I am a pc gamer for enough years to respect a PC.

My setup is

Q9550 2.8Ghz
GTX 560TI coming up
4GB DDR3
Pretending to play on 1366x768 for all games and only a few on 1080p

Regards

Apr 2, 2019
It's not. He's got it backwards.

W / V = A. Lower Amps (current) produces less resistance and therefore less heat. That's why really cheap PSUs are "230V only". They can use undersized components on the front end because they support half the current of a low voltage mains.

Ohh woow.

Aren't u confused? Isnt it like more intensity is due to less resistence or I just missundertood your statement.

Out!!

Reactions: TJ Hooker

bignastyid

Titan
Yeah understood.

But I thought as there is a 80plus certificate and not only, also 40A in +12V rail would be enough for the RAidmax530SS not to explode or damage my system when myself playing at least at 30FPS on densed detailed parts of the game maps.

Please tell me it wont damage my system. Be direct, assuming the conditions above because I am a pc gamer for enough years to respect a PC.

My setup is

Q9550 2.8Ghz
GTX 560TI coming up
4GB DDR3
Pretending to play on 1366x768 for all games and only a few on 1080p

Regards

80 plus certification is only an efficiency rating and has nothing to do with a PSUs overall quality. Just because it has an 80 plus rating doesn't mean its not junk.

Apr 2, 2019
And...you guys can help me with this too,

A Motherboard with a PCI e x16 1.0 interface holding a GTX 560Ti which suports PCI e x16 2.0 will have half the performance of a PCI e x16 2.0 motherboard?

Example:

1) a PCe x16 2.0 MBoard running Farcry4 in 1366x768 on"some graphic settings" with minFPS(31) and maxFPS(50)

2)
What would be the FPS at a PCI e x16 1.0 MBoard with same settings?

" " Looks like a secondary mathemathics question hann!! 🙃

Regards

Apr 2, 2019
And...you guys can help me with this too,

A Motherboard with a PCI e x16 1.0 interface holding a GTX 560Ti which suports PCI e x16 2.0 will have half the performance of a PCI e x16 2.0 motherboard?

Example:

1) a PCe x16 2.0 MBoard running Farcry4 in 1366x768 on"some graphic settings" with minFPS(31) and maxFPS(50)

2)
What would be the FPS at a PCI e x16 1.0 MBoard with same settings?

" " Looks like a secondary mathemathics question hann!! 🙃

Regards

Yeah understood.

No. It's JUST efficiency. They hardly stress the PSUs in an efficiency test and they're done at room temperature. And in a lot of cases, unscrupulous brands will submit one unit for testing and then sell something completely different. It's not like Raidmax is a reputable brand.

You're also having a lot of faith in what Raidmax is telling you the PSU is capable of. You think it's really capable of 40A on the +12V rail just because the label says so? You think the PSU actually has properly working protections in case of a failure?

There are no reviews of this PSU, which should be a warning sign within itself.

Ohh woow.

Aren't u confused? Isnt it like more intensity is due to less resistence or I just missundertood your statement.

I'm not confused. "intensity"? That is not a term used in electronics. You do know what CURRENT is, right? It's what we measure in Amperes.

Will it damage my system??

Probably.