24gb ram would it run fast ?

Sep 27, 2018
i am trying to buildt a pc for video - photo editing.

motherboard asus primer z370p
cpu i7 8700

ram: i was thinking 2 x8gb kingston hyperx fury but 16gb i think wont be enough so... is it posible 16gb (kingston hyperx fury 2400) + 8gb hyperx fury... would it work fine ???

Solution
Unless you're doing things that have a need for more than 16GB RAM, there's really no point in adding the additional 8GB DIMM to the mix and especially not seeing it could cause more issues than it's worth.

Mixing RAM isn't advisable and isn't a guarantee to work anyway even if it's the exact same but was purchased later. If you want to assure yourself functionality from the start, buy a matched pair or a matched four stick set.
It might, might not.

To get the best performance you would want all RAM to be in pairs, so 2x8GB + 2x4GB for dual-channel support. Get the exact same RAM to give you the best chance of it working together. But, it's not gaurunteed to work. It's best to buy a kit. But even then bad luck can have a kit not work.

Unless you're doing things that have a need for more than 16GB RAM, there's really no point in adding the additional 8GB DIMM to the mix and especially not seeing it could cause more issues than it's worth.

Mixing RAM isn't advisable and isn't a guarantee to work anyway even if it's the exact same but was purchased later. If you want to assure yourself functionality from the start, buy a matched pair or a matched four stick set.

Solution