[SOLVED] 24pin psu, 8 pin mobo

May 13, 2021
Hi,
I have a mining rig. Psu is a corsair hx1200 and it has 24pin cable. My motherboard was Biostar tb250 btc and got fried. So I got a new one, Biostar tb250 Btc d+. But this new one has 6pin sockets (8 sockets), unlike the previous ones. Is there a way to adapt the 24pin PSu to the 6pin mobo without frying the mobo, or I just need to change the mobo/psu?

Solution
Presumably that means the board runs exclusively on 12V and doesn't require 5V and 3.3V. Appears to generate 5V for a single SATA drive port.

Basically you would just use the 24pin power supply connector to jump start the PSU by tying the PowerON wire to a ground. Pins 15/16.

4-pin connector for the CPU, and then as many 12V 6-pin connectors you want to use.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Presumably that means the board runs exclusively on 12V and doesn't require 5V and 3.3V. Appears to generate 5V for a single SATA drive port.

Basically you would just use the 24pin power supply connector to jump start the PSU by tying the PowerON wire to a ground. Pins 15/16.

4-pin connector for the CPU, and then as many 12V 6-pin connectors you want to use.

Reactions: AntonyLovric
Solution