Question 24pin works halfway in

Sep 21, 2019
So i got a new graphic card and a power supply and after i installed the new parts it doesn't turn on i checked the front panel connectors and it was all in correctly.
I tested the power supply with paper clip test and it passes.
So while removing the 24 pin halfway the fan started to spin and blue led worked but then it stopped. Any solution?
Pc spec:
Ryzen 5 2400g
Rx 460
400w xilence
8gb ddr4 gskill
Gigabyte A320M-H
Storage kinsgton 120gb ssd

New parts:
4gb kingston ddr4
Asrock A320M motherboard
450w master cooler
Rx 570 4gb armor

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
First make sure the power/apparatus cable is actually pushed all the way in on the new power supply. Sometimes it can be something simple as that causing this. I remember back in 2011 when my new built PC would not boot. I eventually figured out the power cable was not all the way in.

Sep 21, 2019
First make sure the power/apparatus cable is actually pushed all the way in on the new power supply. Sometimes it can be something simple as that causing this. I remember back in 2011 when my new built PC would not boot. I eventually figured out the power cable was not all the way in.
I checked all the pins and they are fully in.

Sep 21, 2019
I did not mean the 24 pin connector. I meant the big apparatus power cable that goes out the back of the PSU to your wall socket/ power brick. Check that this cable is pushed all the way in and that the power supply switch is in on mode.
Unfortunately it is in and on
Do you still have your old power supply? Try to boot with that one instead and see if that works. If it does it means the new power supply can be diagnosed as broken and you need to RMA it!
Not even the old 1 works it does the same thing fully in doesn't work halfway in starts working