25 % bottleneck is bad?

Jan 21, 2019
My CPU is Intel Core i3 7100 and GPU is 1060 3GB. bottleneck calculator said 25 % bottleneck. Do I have to change my CPU? Is it bad?

Agree with geofelt. Bottleneck calculators dont really mean anything because having a bottleneck depends on the application you are using. With your rig for example, the 7100 will hold you back in some CPU heavy games because it is only a dual core chip. But in other games that rely more on single threaded processes, it wont hold you back at all.

I think your system is reasonably balanced, but if you are not happy with your performance (which will struggle in some games), then you can upgrade and you will get a boost in some games. A used 6700/7700 would be a decent buy as they are very good gaming chips and wont hold you back in the least.

geofelt

Titan
Bottleneck calculator is considered as junk science.

How is your pc performing?
That is the real test.
I think you have an appropriate combo.

There is always a limiting factor in games, usually either cpu or graphics.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013

"thebottlenecker.com" ?

Totally bogus number, with no relation to reality. Ignore that site completely.

Agree with geofelt. Bottleneck calculators dont really mean anything because having a bottleneck depends on the application you are using. With your rig for example, the 7100 will hold you back in some CPU heavy games because it is only a dual core chip. But in other games that rely more on single threaded processes, it wont hold you back at all.

I think your system is reasonably balanced, but if you are not happy with your performance (which will struggle in some games), then you can upgrade and you will get a boost in some games. A used 6700/7700 would be a decent buy as they are very good gaming chips and wont hold you back in the least.

ASK THE COMMUNITY