[SOLVED] 25 pair termination

Sep 22, 2019
May i know if you have video on how to terminate 25 pair to a 24 port patch panel. The other end of the cable terninated to 110 block. And how do i test the link having 110 block on one end and 24 port patch panel on the other end.

Thank you very much.

Vermont R. Perez

Solution
This sounds like a telephone installation. If the service coming in from the provider is dsl it is just a matter of connecting to the correct pair. If you do not have something that shows which wires go to which jacks you are in for a lot of work.

In phone installs what is normally done is one pair of wires is run to the center 2 pins in each jack. Since phone lines only need 1 pair this will work.

If what you are installing is not something like DSL then it is much more complex. You may have to rip it all out and rewire it if it is a telephone installation.
There is a wire color standard for 25 pair cable. Are you talking about phone or data.

A ethernet cable need 4 pairs of wires. This means a 25 pair cable will only run 6 ports in a 24 port patch panel the others will have no connections.

The 110 block itself does nothing other than provide a place for you to connect to the other end of the wires going to the patch panel. It will depends greatly on what you intend to connect to the end of the wires using the 110 block. The 110 block is purely a simple wire splice rather than twisting wires together.

Sep 22, 2019
Hi Sir,

Thank you for your informative questing. I have 110 block on the telco room connected to a 24 port patch panel via 25 pair cable. The service provider will patch to the 110 block to give data connection to the client vie this 25 pair - patch panel. Patch panel will be connected to the switch of the client. So i just want to know which pair should be terminated to patch panel when i have this kind of set up.
And how do i test this set up since this is an existing facility. I want to verify if the connection between 110 pair and patch panel is still good.

Thank you again in advance.

Vermont

This sounds like a telephone installation. If the service coming in from the provider is dsl it is just a matter of connecting to the correct pair. If you do not have something that shows which wires go to which jacks you are in for a lot of work.

In phone installs what is normally done is one pair of wires is run to the center 2 pins in each jack. Since phone lines only need 1 pair this will work.

If what you are installing is not something like DSL then it is much more complex. You may have to rip it all out and rewire it if it is a telephone installation.

Solution
Sep 22, 2019
Thank you Very much sir. This is for DSL Connection. Would appreciate if you can help me how to terminate 25 pair to pach panel. can i consider the same color coding as a normal cat5e color coding?so i will have 6 port only for 25 pair. And how do i test 110 pair to Patch Panel via 25 pair cable.

Last edited:
If it is for a single connection just take any pair of wires and connect it to the center pair of the jack. On the 110 block all they are going to do is take the 2 wires coming in from the DSL connection and connect them to the terminals on the same row as the ones you connected.

The guys doing the DSL connection tend to know lots about things like 110 blocks. If it is only a single connection they likely will hook it all up for you.