25 Scary Games For Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4speeds

Distinguished
#1. Mirror's edge Catalyst. Why? At 1080p it wont run on almost anything so the min specs for 1080p very high details are a i5-6600K@4.5ghz and a GTX1070.
"I am scared to install that game because it could cost me $1400 in system upgrades.."
#2. Doom. Why? The lack of crossfire and sli support will have anyone running running crossfire or sli fearing the dreaded 5fps dip.
#3. Prey, because it's from Bethesda expect it to run at 40fps@1080p with a i7-6700K@4.8ghz and a GTX1080.
#4. Metro 2033. Why? For many seeing it run at 1080p@55fps with a mighty GTX680 has put fear into people with lesser systems for years.

King_Barrion

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
Five Nights at Freddy's? That's a horror game?

Christ, if someone thinks that's a horror game, I don't know how they'd react to Amnesia.

The game is literally a jpeg slideshow, lmao

Remember that a games developer and a publisher both share Bethesda in the name.

Anyway, I already own a few of these but just picked up 'The Evil Within' today for $15.

Happy Halloween!

need4speeds

Distinguished
Maybe someone could make a custom horror game for Tom's where in the game it mimics you playing a game that's the 1st version say COD1, then 2 comes out, fps goes down but it plays, then 3 it chokes. In the game you have to pick the right parts on a limited budget of in game cash to finish cod 3 before moving on to 4. "Or can he get past level 3 at 15fps and upgrade in level 4 to save his in game upgrading cash?" "Oh he makes it to level 4" "The pcie cards are out and now there is a new X2 cpu" "glad i didn't waste my game cash on a agp card upgrade"

A sort of upgrading sim game. It would be scary for many on Tom's.

Warrgarbl

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
This list lacks the first STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl. I have never soiled my pants as much in any other video game than during the underground / lab missions in STALKER. Or the bloodsucker village, or the brain scorcher... Call of Prypjat has NOTHING on Shadow of Chernobyl.

Georgivs

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2015
Half of games seems accidentally gets in this list.
RE5 - no comments.
Zombicalypsis games never look scary for me. These games and some others in list inspire the sense of hopelessness and desperation but it's not the same as fear and scare
F3AR couldn't compare with original game. Heavy sense of watching every steps from Alma lost in decorations of abomination.
Alien Isolation better to call Tedium Isolation. Repeating runs from one corner of stage and back not inspire the sense of fear, but only feeling of bore. But at the first time it scaring.
Penumbra, Call of Cthulhu, second Silent Hill are lost in garbage of modern games.

Warrgarbl

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Sorry, but I have to disagree about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. As a long time fan of the series I can safely say that only the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Call of Chernobyl) had a truly tense, dark, dense and scary athmosphere. Call of Pripyat feels lifeless, whereas Call of Chernobyl had some of the most intensely tense and scary moments in gaming. Lab X18 anyone?

emilylopes5

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
You guys should check <a href="http://www.horrorscarygames.com/five-nights-at-freddys">Five Night's at Freddy's</a>. It's a very nice scary scenes game, however, if you want the full version you need to get it from Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.