Question 25 years, and nothing seems to be changed. MSI is out... are there any that aren't a gamble?

Mar 9, 2019
I've purchased a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard to go with my i9-9900k.
First boot went ok... the BIOS was from September last year so I checked and sure enough... several new BIOS versions where they fixed this, optimized that, improved the other, so I took the gamble, plugged the pc into a UPS, did everything according to both the manual and an official video, aaaand..... the motherboards is bricked. MSI support is quick to point out that if I can rule out things like RAM (I did) the only option left to me is go through the hell of removing the entire thing again, making a warranty claim, packing the board, etc.... etc... etc.... and not have my new computer for another month or so.
So here is my question:

I've started building my own pc's in the 90's... flashing the BIOS has always been this huge anxiety-ridden gamble where you can either have a fixed and improved motherboard or a paperweight and an ulcer.
25 years later, isn't it a travesty that motherboards, not just the expensive ones, still don't come with a second, stable standby BIOS with the sole purpose of fixing update issues?
Or a simple frickin' switch that reverts the BIOS automatically... one of those pen-hole sized ones that almost every other piece of electronics has to recover.... why doesn't every motherboard have that?
You can't tell me that all those motherboards send in for warranty work over the span of 25 years haven't given a single manufacturer the idea that this is something people would need?
Or is there a manufacturer that does think that way?
I'm going to try to go the warranty route... if they deny the claim or if it takes more than a month, I'm going to ditch the MSI board and spent $200 on another, but which one?
Is there a motherboard available that doesn't break the bank and does make BIOS updating fool proof?
Right now I'll take peace of mind over a couple of extra Mhz in overclocking power and I definitely wouldn't have minded to trade that RBG circus in for that.

Last week I finished a new cpu/cooler/mem/mboard build centered on just that cpu and have concluded that the ASUS Prime z390-A suits the configuration well. It covers the latest requirements like M.2 drives ( two of these, one with a heatsink) and 3.1 usb ports( they are everywhere) without costing extra for superfluous items like wifi and multiple lan adapters.
Cooling is the next most important item for this particular processor.Pay attention there. Notice that ASUS enables MCE by default so you will boot to 5 GHz at idle.

All in, the system runs very well.

Oh, and I wanted the latest bios so I flashed 0805 using EasyFlash 3. Sweetness itself ! ( The previous build used another ASUS , the Prime x99-A, and I used that for 3 years without changing the release bios. )

Actually, I haven't had any problems updating a BIOS in the 20 years I've been building my own machines. On the other hand, I've never bought MSI. I don't mind paying a bit more to get good quality and support. ASUS for me.

But to your problem: I'm assuming you had a computer before you built this one, so can you swap back to that one until you get this one running again?

As for fool proof, there's no such thing, but if you take your time and be certain what you are doing each step of the way it should work - "should" being the operative word in that sentence.