250+ gb of Temp Files cannot be removed from my Windows 7 PC

iMojo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hello.. Don't ask me how but there are over 120,000 items within my Temp folder, and after running a test approximately 250 gb of my 500 gb Hard Drive is strictly Temp Files. When trying to ctrl+a and then shift+delete windows explorer crashes and no files are removed. Seemingly the only other option would be to delete the files manually, which requires patience I do not have. Is there any simple way to delete this massive amount of temporary files?

There are programs for deleting problematic files and folders when Windows restarts so that they're not in use by the OS. Also, I would say try selecting a few files/folders in explorer and see if you can delete, say, 5000 files or so at a time, maybe less, maybe more, might take you a little while, but should work in windows, and not entirely painless. Also, you could try moving them to the recycle bin and then emptying the bin.

iMojo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

I have tried using disk cleanup but I have left it running for 2 days straight and it was scanning temporary files the entire time, and never deleted any. I do not use Internet Explorer so that is definitely not the problem.

iMojo

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

Do you have links to the programs? Deleting about 1000 items can take up to 5 minutes and as I said that requires patience I do have.

Sorry, I don't have links, couldn't even tell ya what exactly you're looking for, haven't needed one since Win98SE.