Question $2500 pc build tomorrow - doing a bad job optimizing

kanewolf

Titan
Don't buy 4x8GB RAM buy 2x16GB. The 9900K is a dual memory channel CPU. Two DIMMs are optimum. You probably won't seen any benefits from an EVO PLUS. The plain EVO will be fine if it is cheaper. That is a very expensive case. Do you really benefit from it?

tusker79

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Acer Predator Gaming X34 Pbmiphzx Curved 34" UltraWide QHD Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology (Display Port & HDMI Port)

• 34" QHD (3440 x 1440) 1900R Curved Widescreen IPS Display
  • NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
  • Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Overclocking to 120Hz) - Using Display Port

tusker79

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Don't buy 4x8GB RAM buy 2x16GB. The 9900K is a dual memory channel CPU. Two DIMMs are optimum. You probably won't seen any benefits from an EVO PLUS. The plain EVO will be fine if it is cheaper. That is a very expensive case. Do you really benefit from it?
Thanks, evo plus was not much more expensive from my vendor. I switched ram. Thanks again.

JJoner

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QkDNtg

This is the PC I'm gonna be building soon and it's very similar to yours, just it compromises on some things like the RAM (32 GB is overkill anyways) and the case, which is very similar to yours anyways. It also doesn't have a 970 pro but the performance gain from the 2080 ti is infinitely larger than 660p to 970 pro. If you want windows with it and dont want to go over budget you can use a gigabyte aorus elite and lose some overclocking features.

For the GPU price if you buy directly through EVGA'S site its $999.99

A gaming rig won't benefit from 32GB RAM.

True...

But, there are also now very few scenarios (40 browser tabs open, plus running 4-6 Linux or WS2019 server VMs under HyperV, plus doing occasional video editing, etc) that are likely to have the OP saying, even 2-3 years from now,....'I wish I had bought more DDR4 RAM when it was again finally available at reasonable prices'....!
:)