[SOLVED] 2560x1440 rx580 xtr benchmarks + possibilities

Apr 20, 2017
Hello all
Looking for some wisdom on a simple matter.
Looking to upgrade my monitor and am wondering if anyone has experience with rx580 xtr pushing into a 2560x1440 monitor

Spec
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8
Rx 580 xtr

(If you happen to need more specs just let me know)

So my question is... is it worth getting a 2560x1440 144hz monitor?
Does anyone currently run a similar system and can gives some benchmarks or fps stats?

From what I've gathered online seems like 60-80 for newer titles at high res is pretty much as good as it gets but hoping to hear some personal opinions or remarks.
Would I be better off running at lower quality to attain higher fps at wqhd or should I just purchase and faster hz 1080p?

Thanks for your time :)

Edit: figured I would add that I'm contemplating purchasing and Msi Mag27cq.
Possible monitor options with each post would be appreciated as well. Whether it be 1080p or 1440p.
Preferably VA with fast refresh IPS (must include freesync)

Solution
There won't be a significant performance difference from one model of RX 580 to another, just look at a review of any 580 where they bench at 1440p. For example:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-phantom-gaming-x-radeon-rx580-8g-oc,5601-3.html

Whether it's good to go with higher resolution or higher refresh rate depends on what sort of games you play. For stuff like RTS, RPG, etc. people are often satisfied with 60 fps. For high speed games like FPS, a lot of people like having high fps with a high refresh rate monitor.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
There won't be a significant performance difference from one model of RX 580 to another, just look at a review of any 580 where they bench at 1440p. For example:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-phantom-gaming-x-radeon-rx580-8g-oc,5601-3.html

Whether it's good to go with higher resolution or higher refresh rate depends on what sort of games you play. For stuff like RTS, RPG, etc. people are often satisfied with 60 fps. For high speed games like FPS, a lot of people like having high fps with a high refresh rate monitor.

Solution