2600 oem trouble

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Ive gone though two cpus xp 2600 @ 133 bus, and both wouldnt work and either came to me fired or were fried before i got them. Oem is a small risk but in my years of building i never have had a problem. Since post Rma testing only shows the chip doen't work ill never know if it did. Has anyone heard of this problem with the soyo and the 2600 or the 2600 in any board? My soyo kt333 may be the one to blame? When i installed the chip nothing happend (both times)not bios just power, but just for the time saving of it all i loaded a spare 1900 in it to get windows started and same nothing happened chips dead too. I loaded a 1.3 gig (spare) and it works fine. So now im stuck with credit for a cpu that may not work and one dead 1900 and suspisiouse mobo and 1/2 the speed. So are the tecies at SOYO are worng and the board wont run a 2600 and how did the 1900 get fired? Just thought i'd start a thred b4 I gave up on the speed and just went with a cheaper 2400.

Cheer

Ps I had a contolled enviorment north/s bridge check out so does the ram, cool not a problem. Power came back good(450ws). I was grounded static free. I feel i am missed something very worng.

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.

endyen

Splendid
I'm going to take a wild guess that your 1900 is a palomino,and that your bios got screwed up by the 2600.If this is the case then you might be able to get the 1900 working by puting it back and clearing the bios. It's worth a try.

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
Did that, also tried to chip in two other AMD systems, dead. I had gone to the new bios kvxb2aa6 like soyo said but no dice. So frustrating!

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller. I append: No longer interested in speed, just the mere idea that everything should perform at its full potential.

TRENDING THREADS