Question 2600x system sudder power loss

lazo1999

Distinguished
May 20, 2015
Hello,
I seem to have a strange problem and dont really know what to look for to solve it.
I just upgraded from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 2600x on a gigabyte ab350m-h3v
I had to also update the bios to F20, the first version that supports 2xxx series (i didnt skip any version).
It just powers off at random moments(w/o any bsod or any sign) or at full threaded stress tests.
My observations are
-Idle temps kinda high 50ish
-load i cant even see because as soon as i prees start test it powers off
-at ryzen master edc seems abnormally high 90ish % on idle
-memory tests are fine and memory stress test dont cause anything, just loke gpu tests
-everything at stock
-stock cooler
Psu is a corsair cx 550 relatively new doubt it can cause any problem
-Graphics card is rx 570 totally working
-ram is 1 stick 8gb (xmp is at 1.35V 3000MHz) and changing slot does nothing
-I doubt its the temps, cause airflow is decent, (gpu is 67°C max), and also stock cooler should be good for not overclocking.. Also it dies instantly as i press start and not some seconds after warming up.
Even weirder is that single core tests (occtp for example) seem to work fine with that load reaching 65°C
It has been very confusing and annoying and have no clue what to do now..

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Idle temps kinda high 50ish
Idle doesn't really tell us much. Especially on Ryzen as it can boost from idle and cause strange temp spikes constantly at seemingly low loads. What about higher load under normal usage?
load i cant even see because as soon as i prees start test it powers off
What test? Ryzen Master? Do you notice anything just before it shuts off? Temps? Any patterns? Does it shut off as if you just unplugged the PC from the wall?
at ryzen master edc seems abnormally high 90ish % on idle
This can usually be fixed by using Ryzen balanced power plan in Windows power settings after chipset drivers have been installed.
Psu is a corsair cx 550 relatively new doubt it can cause any problem
It certainly still could.
-Graphics card is rx 570 totally working
How do you know exactly? (helps us fault finding and directing focus)
-ram is 1 stick 8gb (xmp is at 1.35V 3000MHz) and changing slot does nothing
I would remove the OC and reset BIOS to default settings just to make sure nothing else is at play.

Have you inspected the CPU for any bent/damaged/contaminated pins?
Have you also ensured no cables got knocked during the installation?
So your PC worked completely fine until you installed the new CPU and installed latest BIOS?

Hello,
I seem to have a strange problem and dont really know what to look for to solve it.
I just upgraded from ryzen 3 1200 to ryzen 5 2600x on a gigabyte ab350m-h3v
I had to also update the bios to F20, the first version that supports 2xxx series (i didnt skip any version).
Have you done a CMOS reset? one with power off, pull battery, short pins for several minutes then reassemble?

Do that, then don't make any BIOS changes and try the system to see if it still has the shutdown issues.

lazo1999

Distinguished
May 20, 2015
Ok, so i have done a cmos reset to aswer to drea
And to answer to Pc Tailor
1) the only load I managed to run was chrome and single core occtp stress test(~65°C)
2)No patterns at all, just like unplugging it,
I tried aida64 and occtp immediate crash
At ryzen master after 5 seconds which temps were climbing but never even reached 75
3)So you think this is a problem? Or just a value kinda high which sorts itself out?
4)Mmm fair point, but i put back the old cpu and works fine.. even when stressing gpu.. 12V rail seems fine(or am i missing smth?)
5)gpu was working on every test, with either cpu, even stress
6)after i saw the weird power down i reset bios and disabled xmp, no luck.. same with PBO.. Then again on and off and nothing worked
Exactly, worked before flash, and even after, but only with old 1200 cpu
I also reseated it, its in perfect condition, not to mention that the stock paste is non coductive(I think) so even this factor is eliminated..

Ok, so i have done a cmos reset to aswer to drea
And to answer to Pc Tailor
1) the only load I managed to run was chrome and single core occtp stress test(~65°C)
2)No patterns at all, just like unplugging it,
I tried aida64 and occtp immediate crash
At ryzen master after 5 seconds which temps were climbing but never even reached 75
3)So you think this is a problem? Or just a value kinda high which sorts itself out?
4)Mmm fair point, but i put back the old cpu and works fine.. even when stressing gpu.. 12V rail seems fine(or am i missing smth?)
5)gpu was working on every test, with either cpu, even stress
6)after i saw the weird power down i reset bios and disabled xmp, no luck.. same with PBO.. Then again on and off and nothing worked
Exactly, worked before flash, and even after, but only with old 1200 cpu
I also reseated it, its in perfect condition, not to mention that the stock paste is non coductive(I think) so even this factor is eliminated..
Next try memory I guess? the usual things: one DIMM at a time, different sockets. And make sure they're 'clicked' all the way home; that's an easy thing to miss sometimes.

lazo1999

Distinguished
May 20, 2015
What is the rest of your system spec also?
2x 120GB Kingston A400
500GB caviar blue
2600x stock cooler or 1200 stock cooler (one has the copper core, the other not)
1x G.Skill aegis 8GB 3000MHz
Gigabyte ab350m-h3v
MSI RX570 Gaming X
Corsair CX550 (non m)
Case cant really remember but has two 120mm front intake and one in back (all same) and Psu is at the bootom with its own airflow from the floor
2 screen seup, one vertical
2.0 desk speakers
Headset