[SOLVED] 27" 1440p middle monitor and two 25" 1080p side monitors how do you remove the wall when moving between the three?

Sep 18, 2020
When moving from the larger middle monitor to the smaller side monitors I hit a wall at the top where my cursor won't shift over.

I understand this is due to the difference in physical size and resolution of the monitors but I was wondering if there was a way to instead make make the cursor move over to the top regardless of the dimensional differences.

I would also like to solve the scaling difference but It's not that big of a deal and I feel as though it would be much more difficult to solve than this wall my cursor hits. (By scale I'm referencing when you move a window from the larger display to the smaller and they are in completely different positions, I couldn't put a window in between two monitors as one monitor would show the first half of the window higher than the other monitor would show the second half.)

Any tips? I was looking around online before posting and honestly couldn't find a solid way of doing either of these things.

Solution
the only way to do it is to match the resolutions of the monitors. as you already know the difference in resolution is what is messing it up. there is no way to fake this and avoid the issues you are seeing.i use 3 monitors and have no such issues but they are all 1080p so they match up nicely.

the corners of the bigger screen will always be a no mans land so to speak as that bit of real estate does not directly match the screen next to it. if you made the screens above and below the main one, then you'd still have the issue going up or down same as side to side for the same reason.

the only way to fix it is to make all 3 1080p so everything lines up nice and pretty.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the only way to do it is to match the resolutions of the monitors. as you already know the difference in resolution is what is messing it up. there is no way to fake this and avoid the issues you are seeing.i use 3 monitors and have no such issues but they are all 1080p so they match up nicely.

the corners of the bigger screen will always be a no mans land so to speak as that bit of real estate does not directly match the screen next to it. if you made the screens above and below the main one, then you'd still have the issue going up or down same as side to side for the same reason.

the only way to fix it is to make all 3 1080p so everything lines up nice and pretty.

Solution
Sep 18, 2020

Ah I figured as much. I think i'll instead slowly upgrade to all 1440, don't really want to get rid of the 1440p 144hz monitor I'm running as my main display and I use the side monitors more for productivity so I can live with the differences for now.

Thanks for your help :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's what i did. i had a couple older 900p monitors i was using until i got a good deal on the 1080p monitors.

good thing is for productivity you don't need a lot of features so it should not be that expensive for basic 1440p 60 hz screens. keep an eye out and you'll likely find a good sale and stay around $150 each if your lucky depending on the size of screen you go for.