Question 27" 144hz Freesync HDR 2K Monitor for Gaming HELP!!

Aug 14, 2019
Hey guys!

I will upgrade my system. Currently I have i7 4790 - RX 580 Nitro+ - 1080p 2ms TN 24" Benq monitor. I have already selected my other components (R5 3600x - 5700 XT). But I can't decide the display.

I don't play competitive. So response time is not a major point for me (as long as it is not extremely slow!). My pc is in a dark gaming room with my 55PUS7303 TV. So it will do the job for 4k media thing. I will mostly play 2k single player games.

I want good HDR and wide Freesync range. Colors and beautiful graphics are kinda important. That makes me think of an IPS panel but ips glow and backlight bleed makes me think again. And also i want a good-accurate white-gray-black balance. I suppose a VA panel can give me this, but i'll have to sacrifice some color for that. I have no idea which one to go.

I asked for many things, I know that. But i need help choosing the right display, because it is an important part and I will use it for a long time. I am waiting for your suggestions. Thanks in advance!

PS: I might also use it with PS5 or something in the future as well.

Aug 14, 2019
I have an Acer XF270HU and it works great.
I picked it up at Microcenter for 370 dollars (but recently it dropped to 330 iirc) and has IPS 2560x1440p 144Hz with Freesync.
Its response time is 4 ms, but it will still fit your needs.

Does it have HDR? And I fear that the TN panel would have poor colors. How is it?

Hmm. According to the quick start guide there is an A/B type and a C type, the prior of which has IPS 4ms and latter has TN 1ms.
The website indicates specs of type A/B and has Mfr Part # UM.HX0AA.A02, as opposed to the UM.HX0AA.C02 on the page you provided, and even the box has type A specs (4ms GTG, In plane switching) and is labelled XF270HU Abmiiprzx instead of XF270HU Cbmiiprzx.
Basically, unless the box was mislabeled by the manufacturer or repackaged by microcenter (which it probably wasn't since the manufacturer's packing tape was on it), it is IPS 4ms.

I also noticed a color improvement over my old TN panel monitor myself.

Aug 14, 2019
Hmm. According to the quick start guide there is an A/B type and a C type, the prior of which has IPS 4ms and latter has TN 1ms.
The website indicates specs of type A/B and has Mfr Part # UM.HX0AA.A02, as opposed to the UM.HX0AA.C02 on the page you provided, and even the box has type A specs (4ms GTG, In plane switching) and is labelled XF270HU Abmiiprzx instead of XF270HU Cbmiiprzx.
Basically, unless the box was mislabeled by the manufacturer or repackaged by microcenter (which it probably wasn't since the manufacturer's packing tape was on it), it is IPS 4ms.

I also noticed a color improvement over my old TN panel monitor myself.

Thats a good research. Thanks for the info. In this case, I must look for the IPS one. 1ms TN wouldn't work for me.

TRENDING THREADS