27/C good for my i7 4770k ?

Robert Hartley

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
Hi, obviously cpu temps make a difference but on idle my i7 4770k is running 27/C......seem low to me anyhow this is my first even custom built pc and id like to share my experience a little, i have

gigabyte z87 d3hp motherboard
corsair vengeance low profile 8gb x 1
64gb sandisk ssd
500gb seagate 7,200rpm sata (cant quite remember which model)
corsair cx430m
zalman cnps11x extreme
galaxy 3 gaming case

my rig seems solid and went together fairly easy and doesnt perform too badly but one thing is, my old biostar mobo with a dual core 2.4 went quicker.....im confused, anyway let me know what you think :)

Solution
You have one stick of ram. This is single channel. Essentially half the bandwidth of dual channel. You didn't answer what you were doing that is slower.

Robert Hartley

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

im confused with what you mean?

Azrael47

Distinguished
Idle temperaturem that is good, more importantly is what is your full load temperature. If your PC is for gaming then play a game for an hour and check the CPU temperature at the end. Also check what your temperature in the Bios is as mst CPU's are running full load in the Bios. Download and install Prime95 and see what your results are like. Realistically staying under 75 is good.

Robert Hartley

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

ahh right yes i get what you mean now and to be honest the next thing i want is ram, it does seem to lag ever so slightly but i havent got another 50 quid to blow on a ram stick yet, the rig has just cost me 700 without graphicss cards, cd drive, dvd drive, network adapter etc so going to wait for my birthday in october and go wild on finishing it :)