27" imac 2007- Display issues

missblue

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
I have a refurbished 2007 imac and recently I am experiencing display issues. When I wake my mac from sleep I can hear the CPS whirring.. but the screen reminds black and when it is working, the screen fades from the corner.. the comparison I use is that my Mac is trying to keep itself awake. Most recently, the lower right have corner is beginning to look fuzzy...
I've tool tech the issue and nothing...
I've tried to google but still unable to find an answer...

Help!!

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Let see if I'm unstanding you correctly.
You're saying that your monitor, under normal use, is fading from the corners.
You're also saying that when you try to wake it from sleep mode, your monitor screen stay black.
You're also saying that the monitor is starting to look fuzzy in the lower right corner.
I'm not sure about what CPS means, but I hope you're taking about your hard drive which normaly does make a little noise when coming out of sleep.

It would be nice to fix something like thiis yourself, but since you have an all-in one, I'd recommend taking it to your nearest repair shop and have them look at it for you. I really thing your monitor starting to go out.
Good luck

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009

I accidently stepped and snapped off my girl friend's macbook screen (it was an accident I swear :D ) and they gave her a new one at the apple store. It was around 6 months old, but if its still under waranty so youll get a new one, if its not dont even bother paying for repairs :lol:

missblue

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
.. thanks for suggestions...I like to fix things myself... so thats why I am using the apple care as a last resort.. but clearly I need a professional on this one.... thanks goodness I have the 3 year plan.....