27 Inch 120HZ IPS 2560 x 1440

Solution

You'll notice a difference even if you don't have 120 FPS. It's quite noticeably smoother feeling and more responsive even at 80 FPS. That's the main advantage of the 120hz, is it lower latency and gives you a more responsive feel when playing. An IPS panel at 120hz, if one existed (there are some overclocked catlaps that do) would somewhat counteract the benefit of the higher refresh rate with a high response time.

sk1939

Distinguished
There are no 120Hz IPS monitors, due to the nature of IPS panels (slower). 120Hz is only worth it if you play a lot of FPS games and think the added refresh will help. Also, you would need a card that can push a constant 120 fps minimum and a fast polling mouse (which looks like you have covered).

You'll notice a difference even if you don't have 120 FPS. It's quite noticeably smoother feeling and more responsive even at 80 FPS. That's the main advantage of the 120hz, is it lower latency and gives you a more responsive feel when playing. An IPS panel at 120hz, if one existed (there are some overclocked catlaps that do) would somewhat counteract the benefit of the higher refresh rate with a high response time.

Solution

That's a tough call, on one hand I want higher resolution, and on the other hand 120hz sound great too. I play shooters a lot such as Battlefield and CS, so I will have to think about it.

I guess 1080p is fine for now, I might just go with this: http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG278HE/

I wish I had that monitor instead of the one I have. 72hz in 3D would also be awesome.