[SOLVED] 27 inch 4k 1080p?

Blindeagle

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Hi guys so i wanted a monitor to use for my PS5/ Gaming on my computer.

One side i play competitive games like CSGO, Overwatch, Warzone etc so i play on 1080 there with 144hz minimum.
Also planning to get a PS5 to play some titles on there and that's why im thinking about getting a 4k monitor and then changing the resolution when i go into games such as CSGO, or overwatch etc to 1080. and then using it normally for the PS5 etc.

+ I wanted it to be 27 inch.
Budget is around £600

Is this a good idea or bad idea? Does anyone have any kind of suggestion? I'm really lost and a bit of a noob when it comes to this :)

Thank you xx

Solution
Since it is a direct 4:1 pixel upscaling for 1080 gaming. It should look fine. Although I don't see anything on PCPartpicker in the UK for your budget and requirements. This ASUS is the cheapest. You can look around in your own country.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cWPgXL/asus-rog-strix-xg27uq-270-3840x2160-144-hz-monitor-xg27uq

Some of the tech options. This is just the basics as there is a wide quality range between monitors of each type.
TN: Fastest response time. Worst colors, contrast and view angles
IPS: Excellent colors, decent contrast, excellent view angles, often has washed out blacks and backlight bleed.
VA: Excellent contrast, great blacks, slow response time, good view angles, decent colors
OLED: Don't...
Since it is a direct 4:1 pixel upscaling for 1080 gaming. It should look fine. Although I don't see anything on PCPartpicker in the UK for your budget and requirements. This ASUS is the cheapest. You can look around in your own country.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cWPgXL/asus-rog-strix-xg27uq-270-3840x2160-144-hz-monitor-xg27uq

Some of the tech options. This is just the basics as there is a wide quality range between monitors of each type.
TN: Fastest response time. Worst colors, contrast and view angles
IPS: Excellent colors, decent contrast, excellent view angles, often has washed out blacks and backlight bleed.
VA: Excellent contrast, great blacks, slow response time, good view angles, decent colors
OLED: Don't bother, way too expensive

TN is usually the most popular for quick response in gaming. IPS has made great strides in response time. They are starting to take over gaming. Mostly due to their superior picture quality. VA is hit or miss. They are great when entering low light game environments due to their contrast. But response time is poor leading to ghosting on many panels.

Solution