Question 27" or 28" TV? Strangely hard to find.......

Tepid Mess

Commendable
May 13, 2021
I have a space where I would like to put a TV. The largest possible TV that would suit that space would be 27"/28" (diagonal measurement), so that's what I would like.

These days, it's very easy to find good quality, nicely featured, smart, name-brand TVs under $200 in either a 24" class or a 32" class, but I need something in the middle of those, and it is inexplicably hard to find.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer or retailer that has a solid TV at a solid price in this (apparently unusual) size?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have a space where I would like to put a TV. The largest possible TV that would suit that space would be 27"/28" (diagonal measurement), so that's what I would like.

These days, it's very easy to find good quality, nicely featured, smart, name-brand TVs under $200 in either a 24" class or a 32" class, but I need something in the middle of those, and it is inexplicably hard to find.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer or retailer that has a solid TV at a solid price in this (apparently unusual) size?
First place I looked. Not a smart TV

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=27+inch+tv

Tepid Mess

Commendable
May 13, 2021
Thank you. I already had considered that TV. The price was right. The size was right. I could even live with it not being a smart TV. But the showstopper for me was that it has no audio options other than the built-in speakers. No RCA, no optical, no 3.5 headphone, no Bluetooth, nothing.

I also found one made by a company called Continu.us. The price is higher but not totally outrageous, but I've never heard of them and don't feel comfortable experimenting.

After some additional measurements I now find that I could in theory go up to a 30" TV, but I have never seen one of those, ever.

My drop dead width is 27.5", total including bezels.