2700 or 2700x? and which motherboard should i buy?

Riff3r

Honorable
May 24, 2013
Which one i should buy 2700 or 2700x? Price difference between these two processor is like 50 USD. I don't play games anymore, In near future i need to work with video editing, currently working on photoshop.

Another thing i have to decide about motherboard, B350 or X470?
Do i need expensive motherboard? Is there any big performance between these two chipset?
Please help me, Thanks in advance

Solution
The 'x' is a golden sample. Clocked - and overclocks(if you're even into that) - ever so slightly higher, 100-200mhz more.
Plus, it doesn't come with a cooler, so depending on how much you spend on a cooler, it doesn't really come out to a $50 difference anymore...

If a couple more mhz is that important to you, then get the x version.

Boards are about the features. If you don't have any particular needs, a B350 will do just fine. X470 has all the bells and whistles, even some you'll likely never get to use.
2700 and B350 gets my vote. Just make sure you get an updated board from the vendor. If that somehow fails, then: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The 'x' is a golden sample. Clocked - and overclocks(if you're even into that) - ever so slightly higher, 100-200mhz more.
Plus, it doesn't come with a cooler, so depending on how much you spend on a cooler, it doesn't really come out to a $50 difference anymore...

If a couple more mhz is that important to you, then get the x version.

Boards are about the features. If you don't have any particular needs, a B350 will do just fine. X470 has all the bells and whistles, even some you'll likely never get to use.
2700 and B350 gets my vote. Just make sure you get an updated board from the vendor. If that somehow fails, then: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx

Solution

In the second generation of ryzen all cpu go with cooler.

I gather that you use it for professional use. Go for the Ryzen 2700x. Without any action on your part it will do the same or better than the ryzen 2700 with strong overclock. I think you're not to waste your time trying oc.

Ryzen 7 2700x is bundled with the best stock cooler in the business: AMD’s Wraith Prism RGB.

about mobo, go for the cheapest mobo that meet your needs (num. of ram sticks, usb ports...).

Remember the Phaaze88 comment about the need for a B350 to be updated.